Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair Colour Boredom!

• 06-06-2012 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

I currently have hair that is dyed quite dark brown with a good bit of colour build-up, but is naturally a light to medium brown. At the moment it looks like this:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522296_333228696713592_1216823125_n.jpg
    Ignore the dodgy photo, it was the only one I could find showing my hair properly!

I'm tired of having such a harsh colour, which should have faded when it was done back in February as it was only supposed to be a tint :confused:

Anyway, I'd love if someone could suggest something new I could do with my hair, without spending hundreds. I quite like the ombre/balayage look, but I'm also open to reds, plums and light browns.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

couldnt see the photo, but you could try a semi pernament colour of maybe the red or plum shades, i've experimented with a good few of these colours and they fade quickly which is good in some ways if you getted bored like me :P Loreal casting creme gloss have a good variety of shades that are semi pernament, less than a tenner and really easy to use !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

gillapino wrote: »
    couldnt see the photo, but you could try a semi pernament colour of maybe the red or plum shades, i've experimented with a good few of these colours and they fade quickly which is good in some ways if you getted bored like me :P Loreal casting creme gloss have a good variety of shades that are semi pernament, less than a tenner and really easy to use !

Thanks for your suggestion :) I actually tried a Casting Creme Gloss a couple of weeks ago, it coloured my roots nicely but made no difference to the ends as they're just too dark. I think stripping my hair might be the only way to lift the blackness :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

EmilyO wrote: »
    Thanks for your suggestion :) I actually tried a Casting Creme Gloss a couple of weeks ago, it coloured my roots nicely but made no difference to the ends as they're just too dark. I think stripping my hair might be the only way to lift the blackness :(

It's probably best to go get it done in the hairdressers as you might find you can't achieve the colour you desire....in turn damaging your hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

What about using ColourB4? That might lift some of the colour and allow you to dye it a plum colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

What about using ColourB4? That might lift some of the colour and allow you to dye it a plum colour.

I forgot about that actually! I used it last year, it didn't lift all the blackness but it helped. Might give it another whirl, even though it is such hassle :rolleyes: Thanks for reminding me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement