Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a new suit....

Options
  • 06-06-2012 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

So it's time for a new wetsuit, Strangely I seem to have seem to have grown out of my wetsuit since last year. It's gotten rather tight around the core and back and starting to develop more holes every week, only so much blackwitch one can used before finally deciding to retire the old boy....

Ummm, this should be interesting. So, wetsuit brands on offer, salfish, TYR, Zoot, 2XU, orca and blueseventy. All the choices,,

Have a Orca Equipe at the moment and I wouldn't have a problem getting another one as it has served me well but I want to hear other's opinions of there experience with other brands first...

So what do you swim in? What's your favourite out of different brands you have tried? Budget 200 max folks...

PS is there anywhere in the west that facilitates wetsuit trailing in a pool or otherwise before buying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

Perhaps PM Amphkingwest, I remember an email going round about trialing some wetsuits in Loughrea lake - think its wednesday nights :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Fitzilicious

I got a new wetsuit a couple of weeks ago in Base2race in Dublin.
    They have a flume pool there where you can test the wetsuits before you purchase.
    I tried on three and had a swim in each in the pool, it makes a huge difference, what felt fine when I tried it on was way too big when I swam in it.
    The guys there are really helpful and nice.
    I got a Sailfish suit and it's been going great so far! :D
    They do TYR and sailfish there.

Advertisement