Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning the Galaxy S3 to Carphone warehouse

Options
  • 06-06-2012 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S3 on three Billpay through the carphone warehouse. Iv been having problems with the phone it keeps restarting and becoming unresponsive. I want to return it, but I want to wait until the Blue colour is released, can I do that. Will they replace the phone with the different colour? Its still well within the 28 day return period where they will offer a replacement.

Thanks

(I didnt really want the white one to begin with)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,461 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

How many times did you drop it before it stopped working?

Only joking of course, they are under no obligation to replace the white model for a blue and by all accounts there is quite a waiting list in the UK for the blue model. I'd bring it back and take whatever they give you which will probably be another white model.

Edit: expansys say they will have the blue for order from Sat. June 23rd, maybe wait until the last minute and see if you're lucky but if CW get stock of the blue model, they are more likely to hold them for new customers than dish them out as replacements for existing customers with defective models other than blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CherieC wrote: »
    Its still well within the 28 day return period where they will offer a replacement.
    What are the T&C for this? Unopened/opened box, etc?

Keep in mind that they may try to send your phone off to get repaired, so be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CherieC

coylemj wrote: »
    How many times did you drop it before it stopped working?

Only joking of course, they are under no obligation to replace the white model for a blue and by all accounts there is quite a waiting list in the UK for the blue model. I'd bring it back and take whatever they give you which will probably be another white model.

Edit: expansys say they will have the blue for order from Sat. June 23rd, maybe wait until the last minute and see if you're lucky but if CW get stock of the blue model, they are more likely to hold them for new customers than dish them out as replacements for existing customers with defective models other than blue.

Thanks, they are getting the blue soon. Three have started shipping the blue during the week.
    the_syco wrote: »
    What are the T&C for this? Unopened/opened box, etc?

Keep in mind that they may try to send your phone off to get repaired, so be careful.

It has to be in a resellable condition with all contents or it has to be faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

CherieC wrote: »
    Thanks, they are getting the blue soon. Three have started shipping the blue during the week.

It has to be in a resellable condition with all contents or it has to be faulty.

if its faulty they will more than likely opt for repair,

if you are REALLY nice and polite they may swop it for a blue one, but you will have to go in and talk to them to see if they will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

hoodwinked wrote: »
    if its faulty they will more than likely opt for repair,

If it's within 28 days of being bought should you not get a replacement?

I'm on three and my one X started flickering after a week. They sent out a courier to collect the faulty phone and also deliver my replacement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

yeah, if it's faulty within 28 days they'll replace it. . .unless things have completely changed within the last year. OP, once the shop have enough stock of the other colour, i'm sure they'll oblige your request. If they only get a handful of the other colour in and they have a waiting list I can't see it happening.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

They are under no obligation to replace it. Remember the 3 Rs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Due to Samsung having problems the back cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Apparently the Carphone Warehouse have their own version of consumer law. According to another boards poster (not in this forum) who is having trouble with a phone bought there (I think it's one of the Sony Xperia phones), the Carphone Warehouse insist on sending a phone away 3 times for repair if you bring it back after 28 days but offer a replacement if it's within 28 days. So if I were you I wouldn't bother waiting for another colour etc. I would get straight in there.

Advertisement