Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do Spanish people hang out?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any particular places that Spanish people who live here hang out in? Not students / language-students, but ones who've been here for a while.

No, I'm not trying to bag one (phew, says Mr jM!)

The choir I'm in is doing a memorial concert for a member who died last year, and I'm not sure that we've got the word to local Spanish people who may have known her. (We've had one sad post of Facebook from someone back on holiday who only found out when he saw the poster :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

JustMary wrote: »

No, I'm not trying to bag one (phew, says Mr jM!)
    :(

Phew indeed justmary!
    I'm afraid you might have got some Spanish hopes up with that title though! For a second I did wonder what that was a euphemism for .:)

Sorry about your choir member. Maybe the language school facebooks might be a good place to ask and get info ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭xflyer

There seemed to be a bunch of them in Salthill, Emerson Avenue no less. Galway business school. I think is where they study.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

A lot of the Basque(sp) people go to Neactains. Not sure about Catalans. I know a few people who knew her. If I can catch up with them tomorrow I will PM you or contact MrJust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

there's always a rake of them outside the Lavazza coffee place across from Anthony Ryans.

There's also the Tapas place in woodquay (excellent by the way!) across from mcswiggans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

A lot of the streetseller folks and a few of the buskers are Spanish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Arus na Gael on a Friday night is a good bet too. Also the Spanish restaurant above Barr an Chaladh on Wood Quay would be a good place to put a poster

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Thanks guys ... think we've got those covered.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Motorist

Have you checked down around the Spanish Arch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Motorist wrote: »
    Have you checked down around the Spanish Arch?

Famous for the French apparently.

Advertisement