Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barking Dogs All Night!!!

• 06-06-2012 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So i won't go to bed again till 3 maybe half 3 for the whatever night it is,having dreadful trouble with neighbours with German Shepards, dogs bark every night without fail from 10am on till 7. They are not approachable so no way am i going near them,have rang the gaurds and they kind of dismissed my complait as "We have more important things to be doing"....The county council say that they can't do anything without my name and address,also apparently im discriminating against them.Which is frustrating considering it sounds like a frikkin dog pound at night, i own a dog but mine is walked daily feed and watered given plenty of tlc,Why are these people allowed to own dogs if they don't want to give them happy lifes.....and mostly what can i do,im so wrecked and up early every day, home life,zzz's life suffering........btw i have my ear plugs in every night and can still hear them.....:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Do the dogs ever come over to your place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Havin' a ruff time of it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

zzzlost wrote: »
    So i won't go to bed again till 3 maybe half 3 for the whatever night it is,having dreadful trouble with neighbours with German Shepards, dogs bark every night without fail from 10am on till 7. They are not approachable so no way am i going near them,have rang the gaurds and they kind of dismissed my complait as "We have more important things to be doing"....The county council say that they can't do anything without my name and address,also apparently im discriminating against them.Which is frustrating considering it sounds like a frikkin dog pound at night, i own a dog but mine is walked daily feed and watered given plenty of tlc,Why are these people allowed to own dogs if they don't want to give them happy lifes.....and mostly what can i do,im so wrecked and up early every day, home life,zzz's life suffering........btw i have my ear plugs in every night and can still hear them.....:mad:

Have read of this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78984204

It could be useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Keep pestering the Gardai until they get off their arses and do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Start recording it!
    Build up a log of the disruption and then contact gardai and council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 zzzlost

Nope dog's are not near my house,but might as well be barking in my ear,gards not bothered and again there's the worry they'll give my name to the neighbours as i say this family are not the most approachable and we all have to live in harmony preferable. Did read that thread, dogs are never unleashed, but then again it's very rear you'd see them out....r r r r ....all night long.. r r rr r..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Animal and pet issues
    >>> that way dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Let's take a ride
    and run with the dogs tonight
    in suburbia
    You can't hide
    run with the dogs tonight
    in suburbia

Good idea. record it,thing is i really can't understand how they can sleep themselves.feckn loud.recordin it is good idea, see i think you have to give your name aswell. i value my life...lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

If clubbing the neighbours to death in their sleep is out of the question, how about earplugs(oops missed the last bit)?

Sure your earplugs are any good? Good earplugs are very effective.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

feckin barking/howling dogs can make your life a misery. Become a scumbag yourself and call around to your neighbours. Inform them you will do bad things if their dogs bother you again. I know this advice is simplistic and may not be an option for you, but you could always stand in the garden and howl like a wolf all night, see how they like it. Problem with this advice is someone will be on here next week complaining that their neighbour is outside all nigh howling like a wolf and you might end up getting urinated on, depending on the advice they get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

The dog is probably getting revenge for you constantly waking him up from your loud sex grunting, panting, and yabble****ing.

Is their bedroom facing your house? Buy a massive floodlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Better earplugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

Bark back. That'll learn 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Sausages. Dogs love them. Just keep feeding them a steady stream of sausages 24/7 and you'll be grand.

BTW the guards actually have got better things to be doing, it's not just a line that they use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

AFAIK you should be able to report this with the gardai and retain their confidence ie no need for them to say who reported the noise nuisance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Earplugs should drown out their noise, works for me. You sure you have the proper earplugs in your ears? Followed instructions carefully?:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Ring the ISPCA saying you can hear dogs barking around the clock who sound like they are in some serious distress ...they might be to .

Get some sleeping tablets, put them into sausages and throw them over the wall.
    Seriously though, keep a log and record it. Contact your local dog warden. I wouldn't worry about giving your name as the gardai or dog warden would never disclose your details to the dog owner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dogs are irritating but theyll really only bark. Drunks are louder and unpredictable -_-

Oh how i have wished i had the courage to talk to them rationally lol i could try and become a scumbag,but as i say we all have children who have to live together. Ear plugs are ok,but sponge often falls out of my ears,and just as im about to get into my slumber,RRR RRR and you'd feckin swear the dogs were at the end of my bed...Unreal. Was never a light sleeper either,but i've even startin praying at night,please god, if i get one good night's sleep tonight,please please god.haha nope,even god doesn't care..poor me,dont' want to resort to sleepers but often had to have one or two drinks and that's just to relax myself with ipod to get sleep,as you no,boozing with sleep is never real sleep .Give me strenght!! Will Log from tonight on, and record good idea...

Oh how i have wished i had the courage to talk to them rationally lol i could try and become a scumbag,but as i say we all have children who have to live together. Ear plugs are ok,but sponge often falls out of my ears,and just as im about to get into my slumber,RRR RRR and you'd feckin swear the dogs were at the end of my bed...Unreal. Was never a light sleeper either,but i've even startin praying at night,please god, if i get one good night's sleep tonight,please please god.haha nope,even god doesn't care..poor me,dont' want to resort to sleepers but often had to have one or two drinks and that's just to relax myself with ipod to get sleep,as you no,boozing with sleep is never real sleep .Give me strenght!! Will Log from tonight on, and record good idea...

I'm pretty sure the earplugs you describe are cheap ineffective foam ones.

It's not a good idea, nobody is going to do a thing about barking dogs whether you log it or not, it's a fact of life if you live in a town/city/suburbia. And it's not a rich/poor problem either, rich people are equally as careless with dog barking as poor people are. Chalk it up to first world problems and get on with your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Get a coupla howler monkeys and blast their windows with monkey howls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Been there, have a chat with the rest of your neighbours and see if there hearing it too. Get them all or most to sign a petition and bring it to the council. They'll have to take action, they'll issue a verbal warning to the tenants. You can give your name and adress to the council, they can't divulge that information to the tenants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

• Take a shovel and jump the fence.
    • Leave your house alarm ringing while you take a wekend break
    • Buy an electronic dog repellent whistle and leave it on forever.
    • move house
    • look again at the first option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Kurz wrote: »
    It's not a good idea, nobody is going to do a thing about barking dogs whether you log it or not, it's a fact of life if you live in a town/city/suburbia. And it's not a rich/poor problem either, rich people are equally as careless with dog barking as poor people are. Chalk it up to first world problems and get on with your life.
    Yep, or go around and confront them -tell them their f*cking dogs are getting on your wick and what the f*ck do they propose to do about it? New people moved in across from us and tied a dog up in their garden 24/7 who used to howl all day and night(understandably on the dogs part). I nipped around and had a full and frank exchange of views with them and they became much better dog owners. I could have listened to their bastid dog whining for another few years and moaned about it but some things are better faced head on. Surprisingly, they no longer wave cheerily at me as they drive past, but I can live with that. Their dog screaming out of boredom and torment, I couldn't. Some cnuts need telling and if everyone ignores them, soon the world is full of noisy cnuts.:) I give a sh1t what they do in all other matters, so long as they do it fairly quietly. Same goes for blasting stereos, lets see how loud it is when it's rammed up your hole shall we?:)

Not really bothered by the rich or poor thing??? Eh electronic dog repellent sound's good, never heard off, must look into it..Thanks Squod.

• Advertisement

Yep, eternal electronic dog repellent whistler, jump the fence with a shovel, go around and threaten them.

Let us know how it works out.

Advertisement