Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

888 Poker

Options
  • 07-06-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

All the Spanish players have been kicked off 888 poker. And I was talking to a moderator there and there is a chance it could happen with the Irish players too.
    Does anybody know anything else about this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

There is a chance of many things happening!

France, Spain, Italy and Belgium all have ring fenced their online poker due to government regulations. Belgium I think reversed the decision and joined the rest of the poker world.

Basically it is a way for the government to tax and somewhat regulate online poker. Only certain poker sites will be allowed enter the country. 888 back paid 8.7m in tax and interest to Spain to get a Spanish licence.

This may happen in Ireland - but as far as I know there isn't even a mummer about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

The Irish player pool is too small for this to happen.nothing to worry about here.

Advertisement