Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange in Glenomena

Options
  • 07-06-2012 3:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Coming from the states, booked Apt 6 in Glenomena. I have no idea what its like, or what to expect. Anyone else staying in Glenomena, or have stayed there before that can offer any advice?! Thanks!!!;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 solitaira

Hey :) I'm not staying there nor have I ever stayed there, but I'm also going on exchange next semester (from Australia) and just booked a room in apt 5, house 6 - if Irish people do maths the same way we do that must be pretty close to apt 6, right? Maybe I'll see you around!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jmt09005

solitaira wrote: »
    Hey :) I'm not staying there nor have I ever stayed there, but I'm also going on exchange next semester (from Australia) and just booked a room in apt 5, house 6 - if Irish people do maths the same way we do that must be pretty close to apt 6, right? Maybe I'll see you around!
    Hey so I was doing it backwards, I'm in house 6, apt 6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

solitaira wrote: »
    if Irish people do maths the same way we do that must be pretty close to apt 6, right? Maybe I'll see you around!

I think House 5 is located down a bit from house 6. Not next door to it. Not totally sure though.

jmt09005 wrote: »
    Coming from the states, booked Apt 6 in Glenomena. I have no idea what its like, or what to expect. Anyone else staying in Glenomena, or have stayed there before that can offer any advice?! Thanks!!!;)

What kind of advice. You get your own toilet. There's no oven, just hobs and microwave. No TV unless you bring your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jmt09005

no specific advice, just wondering what to expect. In the U.S the majority of roommates spend loads of time together and become friends. Should i expect the same here? or is it more private? I know i sound silly, im just so excited to come to ireland, i want to know as much as i can!!

• Advertisement

I suppose that depends on the people really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 leanne.t

Hi there!
    Really not sure about the halls except hall 4 is above the laundry.
    I successfully booked roebuck castle catered but wanna exchange to gleno..anyone interested?
    Roebuck castle is more expensive because meals are provided and is located nearest to the gym and laundry for the roebuck halls..
    pm me if interested please!

Advertisement