Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain Transfer

Options
  • 07-06-2012 9:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Currently have 5/6 .ie domains and a .com that are costing me a small fortune with Novara. If I have already purchased the domains and I'm paid up until the end of the year, and I transfer to Blacknight, is there an additional registration cost?

Comments

Hi there,

It will cost €19.99 per .ie domain transfer and €5.99 per .com transfer.

These fees will add 12 months onto the life of each domain name, you wont lose the remaining months left on the domain names.

If you need anything else just let me know :)

Regards,

Niamh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Do I just put in the request to you or do I have to notify the existing registration companies?

Hi,

You will need to get the EPP code and the domain unlocked for each .com domain with Novara, so you will need to contact them.

And you do not need any information from Novara to transfer the .ie domains.

Please see transfer procedures outlined here:
    http://www.blacknight.com/transfer-domain.html

Thanks,

Niamh.

Great. I'll get on to this on payday!

Just following up on this. I want to get a domain transferred to blacknight because you're cheaper but I currently don't have a blacknight account. How will I go about setting up an account without purchasing a domain through yourselves first?

• Advertisement

Hi Again :)

When you are ready to transfer your domains place your order here:
    http://www.blacknight.com/transfer-domain.html

You will then be asked to sign up as a "New Customer", from there you will be prompted to fill out all of your account details and your account is set-up.

If you need anything else just let me know.

Thanks,

Niamh.

Will I need to supply the ns server records or will they be set up on transfer do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

When you transfer a domain the nameservers are not touched.

Once the transfer is complete you can change them to new ones

Advertisement