Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Chicken Dublin ?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭

I like making my own buffalo wings but the butchers I am currently buying the wings in have very little meat on them :(

has anyone any recommendations on any butchers in the north Dublin or City Center area, that do good quality wings(wings with plenty of meat) ?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Try FX Buckley on Moore Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I got wings in SuperValu, pretty decent price iirc. Best of cutting them into two parts and taking the wing tips off. They cook better and are easier to eat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

SBWife wrote: »
    This. They're usually spot on, though I've never bought their wings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Peakin's on Leonard's Corner is quite decent, too :cool:

Another option is to just use thighs and bone em. Someone on the franks thread in food and drink suggested it and it works quite nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Nearest FX Buckley to me was on Talbot street, got a portion of drumsticks and wings there yday and tbh they where poor quality - Very little meat and the hair still on some on the wings.

Maybe the one on Moore street is better ?
    Coriolanus wrote: »
    Another option is to just use thighs and bone em. Someone on the franks thread in food and drink suggested it and it works quite nicely.

couldn't find the franks thread, but sound like an option thanks .. Link please ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I think the poster is talking about the Elephant and Castle thread on food & drink, plenty of discussion on Franks there

Elephant & Castle Thread

SunnyDub1 wrote: »

Nearest FX Buckley to me was on Talbot street, got a portion of drumsticks and wings there yday and tbh they where poor quality - Very little meat and the hair still on some on the wings.

Maybe the one on Moore street is better ?
    Coriolanus wrote: »

couldn't find the franks thread, but sound like an option thanks .. Link please ?
    Don't have a link. But... But thighs, bone em and cook them as you normally would wings. Google how to bone sometg if you can't do it, there's plenty of demos on YouTube

Advertisement