Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay By Phone Bill?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone,
    Hope i'm posting in the right section!

Does anybody know what company offers a pay by phone bill service?

I'm setting up a new website and need to accept payments by phone bill.

What company do the likes of Donedeal and Buy&Sell use?

Had a quick look at there websites but doesn't say.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

You would need to get in touch with the network carriers to find out if they have something in place to do this currently.

with any look they will have a common clearing house in which you will be able to negotate an agreement with.

Most websites use a payment provider to handle payments, yours is a less common route, but with the likes of 02 money there may be something out there in place to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

I contacted the company that DoneDeal use a year ago and got prices from them. I can't think of the name but I'm sure I should find some info in my inbox later. As far as I remember it was something like a €500 yearly fee, then for each say €3 someone paid, the provider would keep another €1 of it. This they say was to cover the cost of the premium numbers and messages for networks. They had a choice of three different premium text costs - I think it was €2, €3 and €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭markpb

I think Phonovation offer this service, I've never used it myself but they mentioned it in the past. They call it Direct to Bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

MagicRon wrote: »
    I contacted the company that DoneDeal use a year ago and got prices from them. I can't think of the name but I'm sure I should find some info in my inbox later. As far as I remember it was something like a €500 yearly fee, then for each say €3 someone paid, the provider would keep another €1 of it. This they say was to cover the cost of the premium numbers and messages for networks. They had a choice of three different premium text costs - I think it was €2, €3 and €5.
    Sremium are the guys that do buy & sell and also DoneDeal..

Correct. I had forgotten the name and didn't know off hand what to search the inbox for. In their words, this is roughly how it works;
    Thanks for your email. The micropayments work in the following fashion:

1. Work out how much you want to charge and then display the relevant premium rate number. The tariffs available are €1, €1.50, €2 and €3.
    2. Generate a unique six digit reference number for the transaction.
    3. Display the premium rate number and ask the customer to call it and key in the reference number.
    4. They call our telephone system and key in the reference number.
    5. Our server sends yours a HTTP GET with the number that the caller keyed in (we need a URL to send HTTP GET to).
    6. You mark the transaction associated with the keyed in number as paid.

There is a set-up fee of €550, but no monthly management fees. There is a monthly minimum invoice of €100.

As regards revenue, at the beginning of each month we will confirm by email how much we owe you for the preceding month. You send us an invoice for this amount plus VAT. We pay invoices in 45 days, this is due to payment period from the telcos. To give you an idea of revenues, if you went for the €3 tariff we would start you of on a rebate of €1.90 per call.

Those prices were quoted last year... so they may have changed since. But, this should give you a ballpark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Freddio

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rorysllvn2

Thanks everyone for your help!

I've been in touch with Sremium.

The set-up fee is now €1000!

Rebate on the €3 tariff is now starting off at €1.85.

Do you think it's really worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 rorysllvn2

It's alot of money to say the least!
    I could stand paying the setup fee but i think the rebate is a bit off.

Advertisement