Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing my disability allowance, from my bank to my local post office?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all.

I have had my allowance going into my back for over a year now. Im sick of all the charges, my acc is always OD so I just want to change it back so I can collect my full dole in a post office.

Has anyone any help on how I can do this??

Thanks k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Lugh Ildanach

Just contact your local office and tell them (they'll pass on the request to the Disability Allowance section), shouldn't be a problem. You could even try giving them a call on 01 704 3000

But make sure you really want to, as once you do, it could be hard to switch back.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

I think you have to write to them when asking to change the method of payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 L0dgik

sassa wrote: »
    I think you have to write to them when asking to change the method of payment.

I Hace liked all of the answers but I was just told yea got to write to them... another thing..........................

I WILL NEVER BE GOING TO D BANK AGAIN...LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭sassa

Could be a bit of a wait for it I changed my payment method for child benefit from the bank to post office and it took 3 months due to the pressure that department was under, not sure if disability would be the same but better to be prepared for a wait and be happily surprised if it's done sooner than expecting it right away. :)

Advertisement