Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Rankings (Human .v. Human games)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Have been working on collating all the results from Season 2 & 3.
    Progressing slowly, but hope to have it finished by the end of the week, as doing it a bit here and a bit there.

If nothing else, it should be interesting to see how we have been doing against each other, and against the CPU.

Nice should be interesting to see who's behind Santry and Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Finally have gotten the results in from Seasons 2 & 3.
    Season 3 is up to Week 10, as LM syncing is messed up and don't have access to EA site on this computer, so it is still to be updated even further.

Have gone through LM to get the results and the fixtures/results threads here and the old forum to see what games were Human-vs-Human, CPU, Simmed, etc.
    If you notice any mistake, let me know and can correct as I will keep updating it.

So here we have the first POWER RANKINGS

HumanRank1.jpg

And because I don't know any better, have also included the Overall Rankings
    OverallRank1.jpg

And when you take one from the other, you are left with
    Rankings in CPU games (including simmed games)
    CPURank1.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Super stuff Rob!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Well done Rob. You must have the patience of a saint to have gone through all that!!!

without wanting to start a landslide of small adjustments, if I could correct my own results:

- I'm 4-1 vs humans
    - I missed 3 games this year, 1 sim game (Human) and 2 (CPU + human) while on holidays. They resulted in 1 human win, 1 CPU win and 1 human loss.
    - my CPU record is thus 2-0

what do i win :D ???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Thanks Rob, Epic work !!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

What would be great would be 3 seasons of Madden 13 with the same coaches and do what Rob has done at the end

ibmax wrote: »
    without wanting to start a landslide of small adjustments, if I could correct my own results:
    If you wanna let me know which weeks you were missing I'll update it

What would be great would be 3 seasons of Madden 13 with the same coaches and do what Rob has done at the end
    If we keep track of it as we go will be much easier, shouldn't be a problem

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think people need to have played a minimum number of games to be eligible for a high draft pick.

Otherwise I could leave the league, come back under a different name, play one game, lose and get the number 1 pick...mmm

Actually never mind, I've just had a marvellous idea.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think people need to have played a minimum number of games to be eligible for a high draft pick.

Otherwise I could leave the league, come back under a different name, play one game, lose and get the number 1 pick...mmm

Actually never mind, I've just had a marvellous idea.
    Yeah would agree with that alright, should be some games played threshold for it, for whatever method we end up using

Adrian.. thats a paddelin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Yeah would agree with that alright, should be some games played threshold for it, for whatever method we end up using
    What's a fair threshold though? For example I joined mid this season and I've lost both of my human vs human games (both quite close games in fairness) and have won my CPU games so far. I'm due to play the Raiders twice and the Chargers once (or possibly the reverse of that). If I win 2 out of 3 of those I've an outside chance of a sneaky wildcard spot.
    I've no intention of intentionally losing games to secure a high pick for Madden 13 (getting to play-offs with Vince Young at QB would be a big achievement!), I like winning too much to bear losing now to increase my chances of winning next year or whatever.
    My record at the end of season be a fair reflection and from the power rankings listed and what I hope my record will be and the impression I get of the level of play (from my two losses) a decent pick that would net me a good starting team (I'd still prefer a fantasy draft) would benefit me and make me more competitive next year, i.e. I'd have a better team to play against a player better than me with a worse team. Balance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone new from now should be picking after everyone else. I think it's fair enough as we come close to July and the end of our last season of Madden 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

SantryRed wrote: »
    Anyone new from now will be picking after everyone else. I think it's fair enough as we come close to July and the end of our last season of Madden 12.
    So Nelbert1 and Nelbert2 can't join????

Something to be decided I suppose Nelbert, we still don't know what method we'll be using to select the teams for Madden 13.

Separately - once LM is fixed I will update the Power Rankings.
    And make a slight change to the Overall and CPU Rankings, to remove games where it was simmed so it only takes into account games actually played by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Fantastic stuff there Rob. Pleasantly surprised to see myself in the top 6!

Paully D wrote: »
    Fantastic stuff there Rob. Pleasantly surprised to see myself in the top 6!

Does that mean you're coming back paully????

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does that mean you're coming back paully????

I'll definitely be back for Madden 13 mate, unfortunately I won't be back at all for Madden 12.

• Advertisement

First off just wanna say fair play Rob ! Some great work in dealing with this, I think this way could be the best way to determine who gets to pick first. However i feel it may not be as cut and dry to look wins/loses straight off that bat.

After reading your stuff and thinking about what you've correlated I've a few thoughts

1. I think either making it to the play offs or winning play off games should be weighted.

Looking at just player vs player rankings a few names jump out, Paddy(Linebacker) who is the bears is ranked 5th. Dont get me wrong Paddy is one of the surprises of the league and has played at a high level throughout madden 12, do i see him as a top five player in the BFL ? Right now no, because he's not shown that level in the play off's. ( Can Paddy prove me wrong this season ? :pac: )

Yourself at rank 15, again Having played you i definitely wouldn't consider you to be 15th in the league, You've made the play offs in both season 1 and 2 and personally you and I are 1-1 in the play offs against each other. So i think that counts against the formula.

I could be considered a player with a skewed human vs human % For the fact that i play Berty twice a year in the regular season and last year i played him 3 times. So out of my 6 loses in season 2 and 3 I've had 5 of them from Berty while I've had 9 win against other human players. The other loss was an impressive win from Paully when he was the Cowboys.

If you just go with human vs human records people in madden 12 who only played season 3 will have a skewed record, maybe there worse maybe there better than there draft position donates.

Then you look at Santry : He's won every superbowl in madden 12. Should that not put a last spot ? ( Not sure if winning the trophy should be weighted ? just actual play off wins ?)

Away to combat this is to have either play off qualification or play off wins as a weighted category in the equation.

P.S Should we not count season 1 as well for human vs human games?

Once again super effort on the stats building (Even though we all know you love it :P )

Thoughts people ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ibmax

Thoughts people ?

Since you ask... I've always been of the opinion that the rankings should be based on playoff records. In the real world, if you have a tough schedule and scrape through to the playoffs, this is all irrelevant if you go on to win the superbowl. This will give you the title of world champs and you'll "earn" the last pick in the draft. I don't see why this shouldn't/couldn't apply for us.

I'm not sure anyone said to the Giants, "well done winning the superbowl and good news... cause of those bizarre losses at home to the Seahawks and Redskins you're moving up to pick 27 in the draft!!!"

Then again, maybe they did and uncle Tom said, "no thanks"!!!

Anyone who has never made the playoffs can then be ranked off Rob's numbers. CPU or human games don't matter in this case as if they aren't making the playoffs they're probably beating neither on a regular basis!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

I would agree with this. There are probably a few of us that are 0-1 but we could use the human vs human rankings to decide an order then.

I dont see the point in separating out the play off teams and not, the play off teams will generally have better records than the non play off teams anyway

I dont see the point in separating out the play off teams and not, the play off teams will generally have better records than the non play off teams anyway

well the myself and the bengals would be 2 teams that would be out position and get teams better than are level within the BFL would warrant imo. Plus Santry not being last to pick even tho he's won every superbowl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I'd be in favor of the play off teams being the last 12 picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Plus Santry not being last to pick even tho he's won every superbowl?

What's wrong with that? :pac:

Take me for instance, I was a playoff team in the first year, but had a terrible season last year, 5 wins I think. I'm gonna be play off team this year. Should I get better pick cause I had bad season?

empacher wrote: »
    I'd be in favor of the play off teams being the last 12 picks.

I think Ibmax means play off record throughout madden 12, so all 3 seasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Also should it not be based exclusively on season 3, with anyone who has dropped out being given the latter picks?

Advertisement