Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda or Dundalk most fashion style

Options
  • 07-06-2012 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

I was in Dublin last night and heard an interesting debate where a fashion wholesaler stated that the woman in Dundalk are much more fashionable than Drogheda, and that Drogheda has hardly any private boutiques left while Dundalk has plenty, but has a whole Dundalk women are far better dressed. I am not in this industry or in a position to agree or disagree. Is it true ? are Dundalk women more fashionable and chic ? I thought Drogheda might have a slight edge being closer to the city, and slightly higher incomes ? surely there is very little difference.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Neutral Opinion: Not sure what being closer to Dublin would do to anyone's fashion sense but I doubt there is any difference at all between Drogheda and Dundalk in terms of how women dress. They all buy the same clothes/fashion magazines and the shops they shop in - boutiques aside as you mentioned - are all the generic english high-street stores stocking the same stuff.

Dundalkian Opinion: Dundalk is obviously more stylish than Shelbyville. Sure the term 'Drog' is as stylish as it sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

bottomdog wrote: »
    I thought Drogheda might have a slight edge being closer to the city

The city? Dont say that in Cork, or 'a' city (Newry dont forget:D).

But yeah i get what yer saying about being closer to Dublin chic - Pyjamas, Ugg boots and big hoopy earings for the day out Sunday perusing the boutiques..total classy:P

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

A debate on which town in Louth has more fashionable ladies... haha!

kormak wrote: »
    A debate on which town in Louth has more fashionable ladies... haha!

Whaut ye sayin? I'll pull de head uf ya n den baux ya, Loud ladies r dead fash!!

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Dundalk Ladies:
    article-1167719-044E788C000005DC-854_233x418.jpg

Drogheda Ladies:
    vicky_main.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Totally would.

:D This thread could be a lot of fun! Thanks bdog

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Residing in one and spending a lot of time in the other I could well be able to answer this. The key is to remove anybody who dresses like they're off to the gym (but have probably never actually been to one) and judge accordingly. I'll do this over the weekend and let you know how I go. :)

Advertisement