Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on opportunities for classical performance

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I'm a 2nd year classical guitar student based in Dublin for the summer and am looking to gain experience in performance over the next few months. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to do this or knew anyone running amateur concerts? I study in Waterford so am not aware of where I could get gigs or experience in Dublin. Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Why not try ringing up the NCH and inquiring about using the John Field Room for a recital?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Doshea3

The Field Room is not really a runner, as they are strict about what sort of recitals take place in there and it needs to be booked many months in advance and it's extremely expensive to hire. The Barry Room in the NCH is free to hire and a bit more informal but you'd still have to contact them well in advance and propose a programme which they would have to approve.

Best bet is St Ann's Church in Dawson Street: you can apply to do a lunchtime recital there for free, as far as I know. (Evening recitals cost a lot to hire for.)

Advertisement