Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whos Competing in the RDS this yr?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

:D Just printed out the entry forms

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

We have a couple going forward in the loose performance and middleweight hunters.. The RDS is becoming an increasingly expensive event though, so like a lot of people, are only putting forward something which has a chance of succeeding.

It's a pity to see that fees and charges have been something of an obstruction to participation in Dublin Show in recent years, with many people seeming to report that the organisers are not really taking difficulties in the equestrian industry fully on board. I think that's a pity; I'm not sure how much longer the show can rely on its reputation as the market deteriorates.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I'd love to be competing, but as I have a retired 16yo point-to-pointer I'm very restricted in classes. There's no point entering in the 'racehorse to riding horse' class because the horse didn't run on the racecourse enough to get a rating. Moreover, as he's not a 'big name' so probably wouldn't get in anyway! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭xxkarenxx

convert wrote: »
    I'd love to be competing, but as I have a retired 16yo point-to-pointer I'm very restricted in classes. There's no point entering in the 'racehorse to riding horse' class because the horse didn't run on the racecourse enough to get a rating. Moreover, as he's not a 'big name' so probably wouldn't get in anyway! :rolleyes:

Horses in the racehorse to riding horse don't need to have an official rating this year. The rating will only come into effect if the class is oversubscribed as far as I know. He could also do the riding horse class if he is put together well as there are virtually no restrictions on that class in terms of age and breeding etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

later12 wrote: »
    We have a couple going forward in the loose performance and middleweight hunters.. The RDS is becoming an increasingly expensive event though, so like a lot of people, are only putting forward something which has a chance of succeeding.

It's a pity to see that fees and charges have been something of an obstruction to participation in Dublin Show in recent years, with many people seeming to report that the organisers are not really taking difficulties in the equestrian industry fully on board. I think that's a pity; I'm not sure how much longer the show can rely on its reputation as the market deteriorates.

I agree, it really is so expensive! I want to enter my 4 year old in the coloured classes, most likely have very little chance of being placed but I feel I should get him in while he's young! €362 to enter one class though and realistically that's just the beginning, that's more than what I'd spend in 6 months of entry fees for anything else - makes me feel slightly nauseous when I think about it like that!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

My 4 year old is going into that class:D
    I agree, it really is so expensive! I want to enter my 4 year old in the coloured classes, most likely have very little chance of being placed but I feel I should get him in while he's young! €362 to enter one class though and realistically that's just the beginning, that's more than what I'd spend in 6 months of entry fees for anything else - makes me feel slightly nauseous when I think about it like that!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement