Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the points for my course go up?!!

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hey
    I really want my level 7 course
    It's for LYIT
    Creative digital media
    The problem is I can't predict if the points are going up or down,
    Here's the previous points for years

2007 - 160
    2008 - 115
    2009 - 110
    2010 - 215
    2011 - 260
    2012 - ___

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

More than likely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Wow that's a big point jump between 2009 and 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Amsirp

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Wow that's a big point jump between 2009 and 2010.

Ya! Bet they got a shock that year!
    I dunno...if it goes up,how much do you think bye?....
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Considering it's a level 7 course, if it goes up anymore it shouldn't be by that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Amsirp wrote: »
    Ya! Bet they got a shock that year!
    I dunno...if it goes up,how much do you think bye?....
    Thanks

Anyone's answers are only speculation unfortunately. It depends on how many people apply for it, and what points those people get. Concentrate on your Leaving for now, and if you don't think you'll get it if the points rise, see if there are any back up courses that you'd be interested in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

The points for each year are based on the people who apply. If the course's points for 2011 were 260, all that means is that out of all the people accepted onto the course, the person who had the lowest number of points out of those people had 260.

It depends on who applies. I doubt it will go up by much, though. A lot of courses in LYIT have low enough points compared to other places. Technology-based courses are on the up but I wouldn't worry too much if I was you. Worryings not gonna do anything positive.

Advertisement