Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

greek mp punched rival on tv debate

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

are you implying that Islam is right?

it very clearly isn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Ms.M

are you implying that Islam is right?

it very clearly isn't

Are you implying that I am ignorant enough to make a statement like:
    Islam is right.
    Islam is wrong.
    Christianity is right.
    Christianity is wrong.
    Judaism is right.
    Judaism is wrong.... etc

I very clearly am not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Ms.M wrote: »
    You're making an assumption that anyone who isn't far-right has to be far-left. You're also making an assumption that anyone who is far-left must be a Sinn Féin supporter.
    You make a lot of assumptions about people. Probably how you ended up thinking that

YOU'RE the one doing all the assuming missus. I never said any of those things. Why are you getting so hot and bothered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

newmug wrote: »
    YOU'RE the one doing all the assuming missus. I never said any of those things. Why are you getting so hot and bothered?

that'll be the mrs. part

Have I been making assumptions? :cool:
    Originally Posted by newmug
    You must be delighted that Sinn Fein, a far-LEFT party, are gaining so much so. Gerry Adams is going to be our next Taoiseach.

Based on my opinions of the far-right.
    Note the assumptions in your argument. We call this.... assuming things.

p.s I'm a cool cucumber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

You implied it.

You did start going on about gays, muslims etc back here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79090177&postcount=82

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

The Greek far-right politician who slapped a woman in the face and threw water in the face of another during a live TV election debate threatened to sue his victims on today...

"I will go the prosecutor in person to sue those behind the illegal actions that have taken place in the last two days."

He provided no further details and no comment was available from Golden Dawn officials.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0609/breaking19.html

The big ex-army commando is now threatening the law on the woman that he hit three times and threw water on another?
    Yea, I can see him winning that case!
    What an idiot!

Mind you, he will have to stop being on the run and in hiding in order to take them to court I presume.

Ah, at least he has taken responsibility and apologised for his actions......
    "I am sorry that without intending to, I got mixed up in a case that has confused public opinion and was aimed at hitting Golden Dawn," Mr Kasidiaris added.

:eek:

Ah, at least he has taken responsibility and apologised for his actions......

:eek:

Damage limitation with a bit of attempted PR. Nothing more.

Jeasus, he wouldn't last five minutes keeping peaceful, with Vincent Browne! :pac:

(No wonder Enda hasn't the balls to face him!)

Biggins wrote: »
    Damage limitation with a bit of attempted PR. Nothing more.

Jeasus, he wouldn't last five minutes keeping peaceful, with Vincent Browne! :pac:

(No wonder Enda hasn't the balls to face him!)

Vincent would kill any f***er who pulled that kind of thing on his show.
    He's never fully transformed into the Hulk... he's got pretty close. This might drive him over the edge!

Poor attempt at damage limitation. But I suppose sufficient if your supporters are into swastikas and the like.

• Advertisement

Vincent would kill any f***er who pulled that kind of thing on his show.
    He's never fully transformed into the Hulk... he's got pretty close. This might drive him over the edge!

Poor attempt at damage limitation. But I suppose sufficient if you're supporters are into swastikas and the like.

Those that are "Golden Dawn" inclined, will see his reasons and allow for them anyway.
    Daftly justifying in their minds that to some degree, such behaviour is acceptable.

Those that oppose such violence, no matter from whatever source, more than likely won't be (hopefully) giving "Golden Dawn" much chances in the future.

Yikes!
    Must be something in the water or the air about throwing things lately!
    Jay Townsend, campaign spokesman for Rep. Nan Hayworth (R-N.Y.), has resigned after writing a Facebook comment calling for supporters to "hurl some acid at those female democratic Senators who won’t abide the mandates they want to impose on the private sector."
    Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/03/jay-townsend-gop-spokesma_n_1566519.html

Goodness!
    What (another) plonker!

It only took him a week to apologise too!
    "...also suggested Townsend may have violated 18 USC 115, a federal law prohibiting anyone from threatening "to assault, kidnap, or murder, a United States official... with intent to impede, intimidate, or interfere with such official."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

About the Jay Townsend thing, jesus the Republicans are fairly stabbing themselves in the foot:S Well, I think, not even close to sure about this, that he's a consultant for the conservative party?

Tym wrote: »
    About the Jay Townsend thing, jesus the Republicans are fairly stabbing themselves in the foot:S Well, I think, not even close to sure about this, that he's a consultant for the conservative party?

I can't see the Republicans winning the election.
    Obama won't have the success he had the first time around but the Republicans lately (and for a while?) just seem to be exposing a lot of themselves as nuts or associating themselves with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Tym

Obama won't have the success he had the first time around but the Republicans lately (and for a while?) just seem to be exposing a lot of themselves as nuts or associating themselves with them!

It is slightly crazy. Their candidate (cough, Mitt Romney, Cough) would have a collasal chance if they just put a freindly face on their party and if they quietly put the Rick Santorum's in a corner:P
    After Obama supported gay managers some of the Republicans were calling for a run based on anti-Gay Marriage:O If he won, their international relations would probably be ruined. The president who won based on anti-human rights while America complains about dictators. :rolleyes:

And it hasn't helped that the church in America seem to be splitting on some issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

They new from the start that they didn't have a viable candidate with a decent chance of winning, so they have kind of written it off this time around.

They new from the start that they didn't have a viable candidate with a decent chance of winning, so they have kind of written it off this time around.

If that was true - and I'm not saying it isn't or disagreeing with you - they are still going to waste a shocking amount of millions of Dollars on creating adverts, buying air-time, posters, promotions, and all that related stuff.
    If what you say is right, it makes the terrible election spending, money wasted, even worse.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭rKossi

she hit him first.....

rKossi wrote: »
    she hit him first.....

Yes, we all know that but there is a thing called appropriate level defence according to a level of attack.
    His reaction from the very beginning, was far too over-reactive and whats more he didn't stop after pausing and having time to consider his actions.

If anyone here is trying to justify dishing out three wallops from a strong ex-commando (who would know exactly how to hit!) to a woman because he got lightly swiped with paper, frankly I think they got their priorities all wrong and their judgement is way off!

Frankly, the incident wouldn't have happened if the thug hadn't thrown water in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

It seems that not being content with just punching communists, we now have 8 of them arrested after picking a fight with anarchists.

I don't think I'll ever understand why anyone would voluntarily vote or associate themselves with authoritarian parties/regimes.

If that was true - and I'm not saying it isn't or disagreeing with you - they are still going to waste a shocking amount of millions of Dollars on creating adverts, buying air-time, posters, promotions, and all that related stuff.
    If what you say is right, it makes the terrible election spending, money wasted, even worse.

Not at all. They will spend as much as they always did because they still need to battle Obama and the Democratic Party in order to set it up for the win during the next election 4 years from now.

They can't just hand it to them easily, they need to damage Obama's image and credibility as much as possible in order to damage the credibility of the next Democratic candidate by proxy.

All the Republican wannabe's this year were lambs to slaughter. Jeb Bush could have stepped in late in the race and swiped the nomination from all of them. He didn't because he knows it's a lost race already. But in 4 years time he will run, and win.

Not at all. They will spend as much as they always did because they still need to battle Obama and the Democratic Party in order to set it up for the win during the next election 4 years from now.

They can't just hand it to them easily, they need to damage Obama's image and credibility as much as possible in order to damage the credibility of the next Democratic candidate by proxy.

All the Republican wannabe's this year were lambs to slaughter. Jeb Bush could have stepped in late in the race and swiped the nomination from all of them. He didn't because he knows it's a lost race already. But in 4 years time he will run, and win.
    No arguing with you, there's some sound thinking above.
    The point I was making was that over-all, the amount of money that either side will spend is nuts - justified in their eyes maybe but still nuts when their country could do with it elsewhere on many a resource starved service, etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

Blowfish wrote: »
    It seems that not being content with just punching communists, we now have 8 of them arrested after picking a fight with anarchists.

I don't think I'll ever understand why anyone would voluntarily vote or associate themselves with authoritarian parties/regimes.
    I am confident that the "attack" was merely self defence. The Golden Dawn is the best party Greece has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I do think there is nothing wrong with anyone defending themselves from a physical attack by anyone, but in kind, not a more extreme retaliation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I am confident that the "attack" was merely self defence. The Golden Dawn is the best party Greece has.

You'd do better if you tried being a bit subtle. 'less is more' kind of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I must say that comes as a shock after your far right party for the working white man thread.

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

Nodin wrote: »
    You'd do better if you tried being a bit subtle. 'less is more' kind of thing.
    The anarchists are violent thugs who together with illegal immigrants destroy Greece. The Golden Dawn use proactive self defense simply to protect themselves.

No arguing with you, there's some sound thinking above.
    The point I was making was that over-all, the amount of money that either side will spend is nuts - justified in their eyes maybe but still nuts when their country could do with it elsewhere on many a resource starved service, etc.

Absolutely, it will be insane but that in turn serves it's purpose. They need their doners to feel needed, from the old lady who gives 50 to help out to the massive corporations who give millions.

The business of American politics is strictly business in that respect. They cannot suddenly moves funds, because they need the funds in future. The get the cash for political favours based on vested interests. They need to let the donors buy them each and every time, or they will go somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The anarchists are violent thugs....

Totally unlike Makis "The Hammer" Boridis. The nickname coming from his choice of weapon as a fascist student IIRC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Wibbs wrote: »
    ....Man my hole.

**snigger**
    How many men do you want for your hole?

• Advertisement
Advertisement