Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Popping my Tri-Cherry - quick questions

Options
  • 07-06-2012 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Registered for DCT Olympic in August and training solo (anti-social sod) so I've a few questions.

1. How do you estimate your swim time if you've never swam OW? I do 2k in the pool in under 40mins. I put myself down for 35mins back in March. Reading race reports it seems like so much can change on the day how can I know? I'd rather be near the back of a slightly faster group than fighting at the front of a slower one my first time out.

2. What's the Run surface like at DCT? Grass, asphalt or mixed? I'm training on a mix of chippings and grass but should involve a harder surface if that's what I'll face on the day.

3. And most importantly - Tri suit: commando?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

1. I wouldn't worry about being the fastest swimmer in the wave and getting traffic, as far as I remember in previous years the waves were by age group and not related to estimated swim times.

2. The start is concrete/tarmac, middle is grass/xc style and end is mixed tarmac cycle lane/grass edges if you'd prefer.

3. Forgot the tri suit, speedos and tank top all the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Nice one.

1. Didn't realise that - I'm 40+ so I'll just have to fend off the other old duffers.

2. Good news; knees and ankles will just about handle that - I'm 40+ don't ya know?

3. NEVER! Tri suit (or girls swimsuit as my kids call it) is as far as I go; commando and proud, avert your gaze!

Advertisement