Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sick vandals mount heads of two seals on Dingle reserve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Are we talking about Ballymun here?

if you mean skanger instead of seal then yes ;)
    Do you mean skanger not skangar :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Good enough for them. I can't stand seals myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

no i was right.... google it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Oh ok, thanks for your attempt at enlighting the ignorant masses. You seem to be on a roll recently, as seen by your infarction for correcting grammar in another thread.

Jesus man, I know he was a bit insensitive but I dont think you should be bringing up the guys infractions. Thats just a low-blow, i think you should take it back

no i was right.... google it
    Nope you were wrong dude
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPddpNuzLn8&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    spell out Dublin skangar and nothing will show
    Spell out skanger and you'll get results

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

They should be confronting the Spaniards, not the seals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Of the terrible things that happen to good people, why can't those pr!cks just get cancer and f*cking die...painfully.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Oh ok, thanks for your attempt at enlighting the ignorant masses. You seem to be on a roll recently, as seen by your infarction for correcting grammar in another thread.

Gallows humor, as defined by the website referenced, does not cover your post in any way. It was not "in the face of, and in response to, a hopeless situation" and it certainly was not funny. From what I can see from your post, you seem to be looking for a cheap laugh.

Seals beheaded and displayed. Great stuff altogether.

mod:

Please leave out the discussions of infractions of others.

Lots of really hilarious people posting in here. Boards.ie at it's worst.

RVP 11 wrote: »
    Trolling at it's best.

There's a report post function.

Also, tbh, this is AH, there's the door etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Yes, because that's the same. I'm sure there is a word for this kind of post too.
    yeah, there's a word for people who moan on about 2 seals as well, when there's culls of thousands elsewhere and people are still killing whales etc.

• Advertisement

Nope you were wrong dude

look at my original post and your quote of my post i had it spelt skanger in both.... even rvp's quote of my post shows it spelt skanger

so i dont know why your telling me it's spelt wrong for

anyways grammar nazi'ing is not allowed... keith already red carded me for that one... i'd advise ya to quit before you get one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pottler wrote: »
    yeah, there's a word for people who moan on about 2 seals as well, when there's culls of thousands elsewhere and people are still killing whales etc.
    I am not arguing about the death of two seals. I am arguing about the fact that the people responsible cut the heads of the two seals, nailed their heads to a board, wrote a message in blood and publicly displayed it for all to see.

It's absolutely dispicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

only 6 toed cousin shaggin vermin would do things like this

Nope you were wrong dude

look at my original post and your quote of my post i had it spelt skanger in both.... even rvp's quote of my post shows it spelt skanger

so i dont know why your telling me it's spelt wrong for

anyways grammar nazi'ing is not allowed... keith already red carded me for that one... i'd advise ya to quit before you get one.
    Ooh I'm shakin don't know anyone called Keith not on it 24/7 like some to know people on it
    And no you did spell it as skangar why else would I have said you spelt it wrong considering you said
    nope I was right....google it
    Instead of sayin you did spell it skanger but you didn't you went back and edited it

Was it the Grammar Nazis who put the Seals head up as a warning to Boardsies?

Ooh I'm shakin don't know anyone called Keith not on it 24/7 like some to know people on it
    And no you did spell it as skangar why else would I have said you spelt it wrong considering you said
    Instead of sayin you did spell it skanger but you didn't you went back and edited it

i edited it before you or anyone quoted me though so i don't see why your arguing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭kevmol88

alphabeat wrote: »
    only 6 toed cousin shaggin vermin would do things like this

I am a Kerryman. I find this disgusting ....like 99.9% of people here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

You can see when a post is edited :p, and relax it's not a life or death matter!

i edited it before you or anyone quoted me though so i don't see why your arguing
    So you admit to spelling it wrong
    Obviously didn't edit it quick enough hence why I seen the wrong spelling I must have seen it just as you posted before realisin the wrong spelling
    I'm not arguing but when someone says I'm wrong when I'm right I kinda get annoyed
    Sure the mod can just delete the posts so

You can see when a post is edited :p, and relax it's not a life or death matter!

lol you know the keith im talking about ;)

Obviously didn't edit it quick enough hence why I seen the wrong spelling I must have seen it just as you posted before realisin the wrong spelling
    I'm not arguing but when someone says I'm wrong when I'm right I kinda get annoyed

i was quick enough to edit it before ya hit the quote button though :P

anyways no point arguing over it

• Advertisement

If I hadn't received a warning in the grammar nazi thread, I would have a field day with this :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Fair play to Journal.ie.
    They were not afraid to show the barbarity of the animal killers: http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-investigate-after-seals-heads-nailed-to-sanctuary-gates-in-dingle-pics-478061-Jun2012/

SAFE for work - You have to further click into images to see the cruelty.

Biggins wrote: »
    Fair play to Journal.ie.
    They were not afraid to show the barbarity of the animal killers: http://www.thejournal.ie/gardai-investigate-after-seals-heads-nailed-to-sanctuary-gates-in-dingle-pics-478061-Jun2012/

holy crap that is sick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

holy crap that is sick

I agree. :(

Fair play to Journal.ie.

Ah Jaysus lads.......

Back to topic
    Just seen them pics
    What the hell is wrong with some people like that is just sick pretty graphic for anyone about to see it be warned I used to get mackerel in bullock harbour and seal would rob the odd one or two and I'd sit there cursing them to hell but wouldn't want that to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭chickendinner

NSFW

Two seals and their heads

lCQKE.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dmcronin wrote: »

Hope this helps catch the aholes that did it and hope they are strung up like the poor seals :mad::mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Now we're fcuking talking...

• Advertisement

Now we're fcuking talking...

was it you? say it was you and we'll split the money.... sure you'll get off with a suspended sentence anyways

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

5 k reward,ah someone must know something..

personally i think it is sick what they have done,either its fisherman who are annoyed they cant cull seals,or some random vandals but i doubt it,just heard it there on the six o clock news they showed footage of the seals heads,awful for them,they were cowards picking those two seal pups..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

That's a very sinister move alright, these sickos need to be got asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Increased to €7k now :)

Does anyone know what is the harshest sentence that they could possibly get is? If they're caught I really do hope that the judge uses them as an example and jails them for a considerable amount of time. A clear message needs to be sent out to others who wouldn't think twice about carrying out similar acts of wanton cruelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

They should at least lose a toe, possibly two.

Does anyone know what is the harshest sentence that they could possibly get is? If they're caught I really do hope that the judge uses them as an example and jails them for a considerable amount of time. A clear message needs to be sent out to others who wouldn't think twice about carrying out similar acts of wanton cruelty.
    Don't matter what punishment you want they'll get a fine and slap on wrist and they'll keep doin it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Don't matter what punishment you want they'll get a fine and slap on wrist and they'll keep doin it

Oh well, at least their names and places of residence will be made known! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

I really, really cannot understand what the people behind this thought that this act might do - man i've said it once, i've said it god knows how many times.. I pity the next generation because as a society we are becoming more and more depraved..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Have they actually committed an offence ? Is it illegal to shoot seals ? There probably wouldn't be an offence of cruelty provided the seals were killed humanely. It's more of an offence to public decency.

Just remembered that they are protected under the 1976 Wildlife Act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cafecreme

The calculated spite behind the act suggests they hate the seal sanctuary people even more than they hate the seals-that is very disturbing. Its a very small place, people must know who it is but wont say. Animal lovers should boycott Dingle until the culprits are named and shamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

cafecreme wrote: »
    The calculated spite behind the act suggests they hate the seal sanctuary people even more than they hate the seals-that is very disturbing. Its a very small place, people must know who it is but wont say. Animal lovers should boycott Dingle until the culprits are named and shamed.

Why should animal lovers boycott Dingle? Surely the sanctuary and the aquarium shouldn't suffer loss of revenue as a result of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

What's the big deal here though?
    It's no worse than throwing puppies out of moving cars or into a river, and that kind of thing happens all the time.
    I mean it's awful, it's all awful, but what is so special about this incident?

Why should animal lovers boycott Dingle? Surely the sanctuary and the aquarium shouldn't suffer loss of revenue as a result of this?

It wouldnt take long, the people responsible would be charged within a few days as the town relies so heavily on tourism. If common decency cant make people talk then losing tourist bucks will.

• Advertisement

That they were beheaded, their heads were nailed to posts and a message was written in their blood to make a point.

Yes, all animal cruelty is wrong but to use it to make a statement is barbaric.

It's no worse than throwing puppies out of moving cars or into a river, and that kind of thing happens all the time.
    That doesnt mean people should be desensitised to it. There is a direct correlation to acts of cruelty to animals and a propensity towards violence. Because a small number of neaderthals shouldnt be allowed to intimidate a town. there's 3 reasons for you :)

I can see what you mean. The killing of puppies & the deaths of some 6000 unwanted dogs in our Pounds is hidden. If people were shown the thousands of Greyhounds that are killed every year, 200 per year in Clare Pound alone, then they would have a different view of racing.

Whilst this act is barbaric is has highlighted a problem & may well end up protecting more seals in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Discodog wrote: »
    I can see what you mean. The killing of puppies & the deaths of some 6000 unwanted dogs in our Pounds is hidden. If people were shown the thousands of Greyhounds that are killed every year, 200 per year in Clare Pound alone, then they would have a different view of racing.

That's a disgrace. Why don't you start a campaign highlighting this particular aspect of greyhound racing and campaigning to have the owners who abandon them criminalised or fined, preferably both as you seem to have some knowledge of it. I presume that racing greyhounds are microchipped. It should be easy enough to trace the last registered owner and if they say that they sold on the dog it should be like cars - the onus should be on the last owner to see to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fallen01angel

Fair play to Journal.ie.

This is a truely sickening act,I can only hope that the reward incentive encourages people who may have info to contact the guards,whoever is responsible for such horrific cruelty deserves to pay dearly for it:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement