Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agnus Castus ( pregnancy )

Options
  • 07-06-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Ok
    Ive heard that agnus castus can help you get pregnant?? Is this true? And how long did it take??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved to Trying To Conceive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-agnus-castus.html

I bought this last month but start taking it. I'm going to start today. I also take evening primrose oil (up to ovulation), omega 3 and vitamin b6. Only time will tell if they work but they won't do me any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LuLu2012

http://www.herbwisdom.com/herb-agnus-castus.html

I bought this last month but start taking it. I'm going to start today. I also take evening primrose oil (up to ovulation), omega 3 and vitamin b6. Only time will tell if they work but they won't do me any harm.

Yeah I want to try it but in a way i don't know because after I came of the depo proveria ( contraceptive injection ) 2 years ago I only got my p back 4 months ago it was fine for the first 2 months everything normal then the 3rd month it didn't come I gt blood tests everything but I wasn't preg so then the following mOnth came and it didnt come it's was just few drips I'm waiting this month it's supposed to b here 2moro but I don't because of this I don't know when I'll be ovulating so I don't know if to take agnus castus incase I get preg and still take it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I got pregnant after taking Agnus Castus, it moved my ovulation day from day 27 to day 13 which I think really helped me concieve, the proof is asleep up in his cot now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I have been taken it this month - my O day didn't really move - still CD 19 - got a positive OPK on CD 18 and CD 19 - will let you know how I get on x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

That and B50 complex Definately worked for me as I conceived after a miscarriage. It regulated my cycle for me. However, Agnus Castus stimulates the ovaries to producing more than one egg so twins or triplets are often the result of a conception using Agnus Castus!! Just be aware of this and also DO NOT use it once you have ovulated!! So you need to be using the little pee-on-a-stick ovulation kits to see when to stop taking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Iv been taking it for 4 months and just found out I'm pregnant. Iv read women normally get pregnant within 3 months if not defo 4 and for me I found this to be true x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Started taking Agnus Castus this month - usually my cycle could be anywhere from 35 to 45 days since coming off pill nearly a year and a half a go BUT this month I've just ovulated at day 14 (got the positive on the ovulation test thing, egg white CM and the familiar cramp in my side)!:eek: I'm shocked it worked so fast!
    Starting my 2ww this week, can't believe it - I've never been able to post before because I couldn't tell when my 2WW was going to be!:D Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 natclarke2012

Hi im currently ttc I have been married for2 months now and would love nothing more than a baby right now,we both would. We have been trying for so long. Mycycle is 32 days roughly and I ovualte on days 21. 22 23. I read about agnus castus and wild yam. Can you take them both together and do you take them every day I just need info on them
    Thanks xx

• Registered Users Posts: 7 natclarke2012

Hi im currently ttc I have been married for2 months now and would love nothing more than a baby right now,we both would. We have been trying for so long. Mycycle is 32 days roughly and I ovualte on days 21. 22 23. I read about agnus castus and wild yam. Can you take them both together and do you take them every day I just need info on them
    Thanks xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Thanks xx

I don't know about wild yam but with Agnus Castus, if you're trying to conceive, you use it from the first day of your period until you ovulate and stop until either your period or pregnancy.

Advertisement