Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liam Neeson's Agent Says He wasn't Drunk on The Late Late Show Last Friday !

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Who gives a toss?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

You wants to be pretty ****ing hammered to sit through a chat with Tubs in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Who gives a toss?!

Not you anyway:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

Well if he wasn't drunk I'm actually pretty worried because he wasn't the full shilling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Who gives a toss?!
    Not sure, maybe the people who opened the "Liam Neeson's Agent says..." thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

vicwatson wrote: »
    Yeh, and it's not raining today either

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/taken-2-many-liam-neesons-agent-denies-star-was-drunk-on-late-late-show-3131507.html

He was jarred, I couldn't care less but for his agent to come out and patronise us by saying he wasn't drunk, does Alan Nierob think we are stupid :rolleyes:, Alan you are a nob

*Turns to Tubridy and looks at him through beer goggles*

"What I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let the licence payers go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Neeson probably thought he drank something funky if a plank of wood was talking to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

mikom wrote: »
    *Turns to Tubridy and looks at him through beer goggles*

"What I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let the licence payers go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."

Drink Taken is the sequel apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

ejmaztec wrote: »

or

Schindlers Pissed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Very good.
    Kicking myself here that I missed that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

dilallio wrote: »

or

Schindlers Pissed

That made me laugh :) you're quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

His agent says he wasn't drunk, liam himself can't remember:D

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

I dont know he wasnt the full shilling but I dont think he was p1ssed either. Id be inclinded to believe it was the transatlantic flight and the press conference before the show left him shattered. Anyone who has suffered jet lag, Im sure will know what it can do to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Might as well throw in "The AA Team" for good measure.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Dunno why he wouldn't just admit that he was drunk. Sure the whole studio, bar dry Tubridy, were off their rocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I dont know he wasnt the full shilling but I dont think he was p1ssed either. Id be inclinded to believe it was the transatlantic flight and the press conference before the show left him shattered. Anyone who has suffered jet lag, Im sure will know what it can do to you.

Jetlag me hole !:eek:

Must tell the Garda that stops me on the way home from the pub next time. See if he'll let me drive on home !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Qui-G on gin

Godfrey de Imbibing

He's just TAKEN the piss .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

He was just tired and emotional baby!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

You wants to be pretty ****ing hammered to sit through a chat with Tubs in fairness.

Couldn't agree more.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 181 ✭✭Dr.Strange

I thought he came accross very badly in the first few minutes of the interview.

He was asked about being contacted by the government to be an ambassador for the 'Gathering' or something.

But he gave a nasty "snivelling as usual" answer.

Apart from that he was grand, if a tad jarred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I like him even more if he was. Tubridy is just awful. How could you not need a drink before sitting down with pinocchio the presenter.
    Ryan just wants to be a REAL boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

syndeyfife wrote: »
    That made me laugh :) you're quick!

Don't think that was spontaneous, someone said it in the late late show thread last week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭true

he was not the only one on the late late who had a few drinks taken

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Some of Oliver Reed's drunken escapades on chatshows were hilarious, theres nothing wrong with been severely inebriated, but you have to give value for money and be entertaining. Neeson just remained slouched in his chair struggling to complete a coherent sentence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I guess, you have to be pretty drunk to enjoy that show anyway :D

*gets coat*...*hides under the sofa*...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

It's his birthday today. Perhaps he was just celebrating early?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 806 ✭✭✭getzls

Maybe he was just celebrated his Queens Jubilee.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

He just seemed tired to me. He flew in and was working all day plus he's sixty. Maybe he just wanted a cup of tea and a blanket.

Advertisement