Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good car valet in Limerick

• 07-06-2012 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

as the title says - is there a good car valet in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I'm fairly sure I saw a thread on this very subject a few weeks back on the 'Limerick' forum - maybe about a month ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

yes i started that threat and used the car valet outside in the ballysimon road. excellent job altogether the car was like new and it was pretty bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

maryk123 wrote: »
    yes i started that threat and used the car valet outside in the ballysimon road. excellent job altogether the car was like new and it was pretty bad.

How much did it set you back Mark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

it was 75 for inside and 120 including outside. its a 7 seater. it is like a new car

on the groupon recently there was a half price valet but i had mine done it was something like 59 for a full valet. excellent price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Guys out in the station in Clarina do a great job for a good price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gallee

I have also heard from a few people that the valet by the guys on the Tipperary road near Lyons Garage are excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cadburys Buttons

I would not recommend Mint car wash & Valeting limerick. Today i pick up my car from there where they were meant to do a full wash, hoover interior, light wash of upholstery and clean of dash and windows, on opening the drivers door straight away i noticed they had not cleaned the obvious door, the hoovering on the drivers side floor was terrible and dust could still visibly be seen, the dash was smeared with drops of spray and on driving home i had to pull in and clean the inside of the winscreen as i couldnt see out from the obvious smears. the outside wash was worse they completely missed the bumber at the back and the dirty on the wheel caps came off when i put my fingers across it so they werre not hard stains. This offer was a voucher for 25euro down from usual price of 50. where i didnt expect a spot on job i expected something decent where i would have considered returning again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

maryk123 wrote: »

Can you remember there name?? Need to get mine done for xmas!! there's a whiff of dog in it that would drop a donkey lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

The guys at the Topaz/Supermacs on the Dock Rd are brilliant, like new for €25!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Henry Street garage have opened a new valet service on O'Curry Street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

I use these guys all the time, very good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

is that velet inside and out? ive gone to them for a wash a couple of times, great job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I used to go to him when he started out and have been going to him fortnightly for a while but I have decided to not go there anymore, as, this morning while on the fas site he is advertising a work placement program as a car wash attendant.

http://jobseeker.fas.ie/Default.aspx?q=B+fomdowzS8kaDnSlUDk1zaMUPiFEeNrNWjviinu490thmC2C0u+DJzmpBm0ugzkne4bJ481aHae+t3RiVtKxtr2xJIQ2spi/sGLjKTMZdcU+w4YDAudFISHT0Q091Y83Z0BLiN9XmTZQw4vgbFNho+kUukUeuYWAipAM14luRjrVuSzpGiGz97db0kvu/Pr4tlBfmfBpOHYIAe06Aaho0xSnN30Lj9f771ToWO2T6ecITFTGqUolARAoUDkFFRo93r0rq1dDj6LAp8prevsjURvjAx//2ZOyo/aS+PAyhtuy8cDVNxGFgnLLU7xfSHBYp+rIR3Li4JBosWwEr5YGwznBW+8kD56KgKs9n+KFp6EaE44g4XEVR4bLZ3sHHyroZowiT7aYpuvQ9RCK/4e3B3VBM2+H2jq09KSdYc1rwDWlI0uLy8m/iFOgV9yf/L/kEUa3wb99ebujwetH8E9uzRqwMdLhCUE

It just doesnt seem right, and he's prices have gone up recently too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

padma wrote: »

What's your issue with this???
    I don't get it... He's offering someone a job.

martyc5674 wrote: »
    What's your issue with this???
    I don't get it... He's offering someone a job.

He's not offering them a job, he's offering them a work placement with no salary, so a job with no pay, but yes your right a kind of half job where you work for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

padma wrote: »

He's not offering them a job, he's offering them a work placement with no salary, so a job with no pay, but yes your right a kind of half job where you work for free.

I thought you got 50€ on top of your dole if u went on one of them, maybe I'm mixing it up with a different scheme.
    Either way I don't have a problem with someone looking for work whether it be for experience or pay.
    As long as they are no being taken advantage of.
    Marty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

is that a job-bridge placement? if so....fu*k...

it was, seemed to have disappeared from that link too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭hattoncracker

There's a tyre place on the dock road with a second hand car dealership beside it. Behind that there is a car wash, the Polish guy who works there is amazing. He hand washed and hoovered my car, and does it all by hand! They do valets aswell which im planning on having done this side of Xmas if I can squeeze it in but I would definitely recommend him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 2rokin

I would not recommend Mint car wash & Valeting limerick. Today i pick up my car from there where they were meant to do a full wash, hoover interior, light wash of upholstery and clean of dash and windows, on opening the drivers door straight away i noticed they had not cleaned the obvious door, the hoovering on the drivers side floor was terrible and dust could still visibly be seen, the dash was smeared with drops of spray and on driving home i had to pull in and clean the inside of the winscreen as i couldnt see out from the obvious smears. the outside wash was worse they completely missed the bumber at the back and the dirty on the wheel caps came off when i put my fingers across it so they werre not hard stains. This offer was a voucher for 25euro down from usual price of 50. where i didnt expect a spot on job i expected something decent where i would have considered returning again.

I have to disagree with you. I just got my car done by the lovely fella in Mint. Now it wasn't a full valet (I hate all that wax they put everywhere) but for e10 he cleaned the outside and hoovered the inside. I have two young sons so there was a LOT of hoovering to do and the car looks great. I definitely recommend them and it's really handy to be able to drop the car in town (saves on car parking charges too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

Im quite fussy with my car and used to work as a valet so I don't accept anything but the best. Theres a guy on Wickham st who is unreal. In one of the yards on the left.
    The lads at punches cross are awful, sloppy couldn't give a fook attitude from the owner. Even a outside wash will leave the car still dirty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

2rokin wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you. I just got my car done by the lovely fella in Mint. Now it wasn't a full valet (I hate all that wax they put everywhere) but for e10 he cleaned the outside and hoovered the inside. I have two young sons so there was a LOT of hoovering to do and the car looks great. I definitely recommend them and it's really handy to be able to drop the car in town (saves on car parking charges too).

Hello there Mrs Mint :D

10 euro - I wouldnt say it could be that good!

I'd rather wash the car myself

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've tried lots of ones around. Prefer to do it myself now. Friendly enough guys to a man, but you get what you pay for really.

I think the drying part is the worst part for people, but if you pick up something like demon shine, or one of those spray on waxes you can use when the car is wet, you don't need to dry it. Quick wash, spray, wipe down and you're done. Hoover inside also and you've saved yourself the cost of a valet.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Have a few chips in my bonnet, and I've a wedding coming up, anywhere local enough that would do the full clay bar and valet and what cost would one looking at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Claying wont get rid of the chips!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭frank gallagher

Mc Love wrote: »
    Claying wont get rid of the chips!

Sorry meant to say after the chip repair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I left the wife's car here http://www.premiercarvaleting.net/ this morning, got it back at 2.30, they did a great job, got the full valet €120
    It was pristine inside & out, gleeming!! the rear was pretty stained after the little one got sick in it a few months ago, he also removed some kiddy handprints caused by sunscreen

He rang me 30mins after I left to let me know he gave me the wrong change, I didn't notice at the time, dropped back to him for the tenner he left me short, so decent guy

I'd recommend this place, €120 is a chunk of cash but well worth it for what I got, Tony Burke is the guys name, I'll use again.

Advertisement