Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom €25 per month offer

Options
  • 07-06-2012 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

I just wanted to check something, an Eircom sales man was calling door to door in my area last night. He told me of this current offer that i could avail of:

Free phone line connection
    Free modem
    Free evening and weekend calls (all 32 counties)
    Unlimited broadband (speeds up to 18mps)
    12 month contact at €25 a month (including vat)

Two questions - is there a 14 day cooling off period? Basically, if i signed up to this and found the broadband speed to be very poor, then i dont want it. Broadband would be my main reason for taking up this offer.

And secondly, do I automatically renew on another 12 month contact after the first one expires and will I be sent a new contract?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

I just wanted to check something, an Eircom sales man was calling door to door in my area last night. He told me of this current offer that i could avail of:

Free modem

Two questions - is there a 14 day cooling off period? Basically, if i signed up to this and found the broadband speed to be very poor, then i dont want it. Broadband would be my main reason for taking up this offer.

And secondly, do I automatically renew on another 12 month contact after the first one expires and will I be sent a new contract?

Thanks

Hi montzarella,

The price does not seem correct. Can you send me a private message with the address so I can check the eircom copy of the order form.

- Yes there is a 10 working day cooling off period from when the order is placed.

- The broadband speeds are not guaranteed as such customers can not cancel purely on the basis that the customer is unhappy with the speeds they are receiving.

After I check the details I can investigate the issue in more detail.

Thanks, Mark

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eircom salesman lies to punter on the doorstep shock horror. :D

The package price is over twice that amount in 80% of the country and at least twice that on the few hundred NGB exchanges.

No eircom salesman has ever been disciplined for lying on the doorstep either. 100% pass rate there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Hi,
    Free modem

In any other country, it would be a lot more believable than the truth, which is €60 per month for 4mb broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭montzarella

He clearly told me it would be €25 per month for that, im going to give him some stick this evening over this!

You would get a better package in France for even less..eg €19.99 a month, get yer mans name

Lying scumbags like that should not be allowed go door to door, it is utterly fraudulent behaviour and they get away with it by delaying data entry in the office and denying you your 10 day cool off until it is too late.

Then complain formally about him once you get his name.

• Advertisement

Well surprise surprise.... eircom sales men lie.....

he called back and had another eircom guy with him, who repeated the same €25 per month offer. i requested to see the contract. the second guy showed it to me but held his finger over it, trying to hide the text underneath while still spouting about €25 per month ....the text was €45 7-12 months.

I asked what the €45 was about if it was €25 for 12 months? then got the real offer...€25 for the first six months, €45 per month there after. I told them to shove it.

Really really bad form, and I know there are people in my area who will have fallen for it. I am going to report this to eircom. these guys are completely misrepresenting the offer and getting people to tie in to 12 month contracts. thats just not on.

Had the 2 greaseballs said it would cost €35 a month ( =6 @ 25 and 6 @ 45) they would have been guilty of telling the truth(ish) :)

The other problem with eircom is that these cut price initial offers are not always applied (so the selesman gets more commission I suppose :( ) and the system starts billng you for €45 a month from day one. The reps in here, in fairness, sort those out fairly sharpish.

Had the 2 greaseballs said it would cost €35 a month ( =6 @ 25 and 6 @ 45) they would have been guilty of telling the truth(ish) :)

The other problem with eircom is that these cut price initial offers are not always applied (so the selesman gets more commission I suppose :( ) and the system starts billng you for €45 a month from day one. The reps in here, in fairness, sort those out fairly sharpish.

After I asked about the €45, they did tell me that it averaged €35 a month.

Still quite different to the €25 a month for 12 months tho. If i hadnt asked, i would not have been told!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

After I asked about the €45, they did tell me that it averaged €35 a month.

Still quite different to the €25 a month for 12 months tho. If i hadnt asked, i would not have been told!

Hi montzarella,

Absolutly the agent should have given the correct information regarding packages / prices at the first point of sale.

If you would like to DM me the agents name and your area I can escalated the issue to the manager for the Feet On The Street Agents for that area?

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement