Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBox 360 - no picture

Options
  • 07-06-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

My brother asked me last night to hook up his xbox via the component cable for him as he got a new tv and broke his leg recently so is playing it loads while off work.

Well got that working no bother, but had no sound. I have since realised that you have to connect in the red and white cables. so anyway have sound now working.

But i went playing around with settings trying to figure out the problem originally.
    Came across the HD output display settings and went to change them to get the best quality picture, but I think i may have hit select when the screen was black and the system was testing the settings. I'm not 100% sure what i was doing when the screen went on me cause i was playing around with cables at the same time.

i have numerous times tried going in blind and changing the display output settings, and far as i tell I am working in the correct menu.
    [turn on, go right 6 times with RB, press A 4 times and then move up the menu to try and lower the quality. ]

I have tried this using the component cable, the scart lead. I have sound both ways so i know i'm actually moving through the menus.

Is there any other display settings that could affect the output of the picture??

So PLEASE HELP!! anything that could help me get this working again.

Comments

Advertisement