Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find father of my baby

Options
  • 07-06-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi! I am single mother of two weeks old baby girl. her father and my ex boyfriend moved from Ireland to England and I don't know how to find him. I wrote messages to his mother and brother but they don't even want to answer. I want my ex to pay maintenance for our daughter but I don't know where is he now. All I know is his surname,PPS no, date of birth, his irish mobile no (switched off now), his brother name and phone no, his mother phone no, his father name and few phone numbers to his friends in England. How can I find him?Is there any orgnization which can help me?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think if you apply for single parents allowance, you'll be asked for those details. You get an allowance from the state, and they chase him up for it.

Have you called the mother and brother?

This link might help.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/birth_family_relationships/separation_and_divorce/maintenance_orders_and_agreements.html
    Northern Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales
    The Maintenance Orders Act 1974 provides for the enforcement of maintenance orders in the UK. Under this Act you can apply to your local District Court in Ireland for an award of maintenance against a person living in the UK. You do need to know where in the UK the person lives. After you get your maintenance order there is a procedure in place in the District Court which allows you to have the order enforced in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizabethvic

Yes I called two days ago but they don't want to talk. They didn't answer. they know my number so it's obvious they don't care. Social Welfere doesn't help me. That's why I am looking for any other way to find him and get maintenance from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

If you call your local courthouse and speak to the clerk of the court he/she will be able to help you. Give them all the info you have. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizabethvic

Exactly I need to know where is he living... but I have no idea. I need to find him first but how?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Exactly I need to know where is he living... but I have no idea. I need to find him first but how?

The courts can find him if you give them the info you have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

OP, I've removed the link in your post, do it again and you'll be banned.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'd try the official routes above first. I'm sure he's not the first dead beat dad they've come across. You have quite a bit of information, I'm sure they'll find him on your behalf.

If all else fails, local investigator?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭chirogirl

I had the same problem recently. The courts can't issue a maintenance summons without an address. I knew where my ex worked, but they wouldn't even allow me to get it delivered to his place of work, it has to be a home address. I did eventually track his new address down. Good Luck wit it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement