Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching question

Options
  • 07-06-2012 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

I gave Eircom the required notice to cease service and received a reply that my service will cease on 19 June.

It is my intention to place an order with an alternative company next week. I would like the new company to take over the line before 19 June to ensure continuity of service.

Should this switch take place a few days before 19 June will I be charged an additional fee by Eircom?

I don't mind paying Eircom for the service up 19 June even though they may have ceased providing the service a number of days before that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I gave Eircom the required notice to cease service and received a reply that my service will cease on 19 June.

It is my intention to place an order with an alternative company next week. I would like the new company to take over the line before 19 June to ensure continuity of service.

Should this switch take place a few days before 19 June will I be charged an additional fee by Eircom?

I don't mind paying Eircom for the service up 19 June even though they may have ceased providing the service a number of days before that.

Hi gunnerfitzy,

Have you contacted the provider you wish to move to and requested to transfer to them already?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Hi gunnerfitzy,

Have you contacted the provider you wish to move to and requested to transfer to them already?

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

No, I've made no contact yet. I want to know about the charges first.

Thanks

Hi Mark,

No, I've made no contact yet. I want to know about the charges first.

Thanks

Hi gunnerfitzy,

Can you confirm what provider you are moving to? As the account needs to be active when transferring to another company.

I have asked cancellations to stop the cancellation request. If you then call the provider you are moving to and arrange the transfer to them.

I can confirmed with a manager in cancellations and stated that we would hold to the 30 day notice period that you have already given.

Thanks, Mark

Hi gunnerfitzy,

Can you confirm what provider you are moving to? As the account needs to be active when transferring to another company.

I have asked cancellations to stop the cancellation request. If you then call the provider you are moving to and arrange the transfer to them.

I can confirmed with a manager in cancellations and stated that we would hold to the 30 day notice period that you have already given.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

I'm a little confused here.

My intention is to switch from Eircom to Vodafone.

My understanding of the switching process and how it should be done to avoid a fee in lieu of notice was that I should give Eircom 30 days notice of my wish to cancel their service.

I called cancellations on 21 May and gave notice of my intention to cancel. I followed this up with an email on that date. I was informed that the service will be cancelled on 19 June.

As mentioned I want my new provider to take over the service before that date to ensure that there is no interruption to my service.

Did I do something incorrect here? If so how should I have carried out the switching process?

Do I understand correctly that I can now apply to Vodafone to take over the service and that there will be no additional fees imposed by Eircom even if the switch is completed before 19 June?

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi Mark,

I'm a little confused here.

My intention is to switch from Eircom to Vodafone.

My understanding of the switching process and how it should be done to avoid a fee in lieu of notice was that I should give Eircom 30 days notice of my wish to cancel their service.

I called cancellations on 21 May and gave notice of my intention to cancel. I followed this up with an email on that date. I was informed that the service will be cancelled on 19 June.

As mentioned I want my new provider to take over the service before that date to ensure that there is no interruption to my service.

Did I do something incorrect here? If so how should I have carried out the switching process?

Do I understand correctly that I can now apply to Vodafone to take over the service and that there will be no additional fees imposed by Eircom even if the switch is completed before 19 June?

Thanks for your assistance.

Hi gunnerfitzy,

When you contact cancellations the agent would have outlined a slightly different process. To insure the 30 day notice is noted on the account and then you request the transfer to the other provider.

Yes you are correct if you contact Vodafone and request the transfer it generally takes 10 working days to complete. I have stopped the pending cancellation request. So when the transfer completes to that provider that will cease the eircom account.

Yes if the transfer completes before the 19th June I will negate any 30 day notification charges.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi gunnerfitzy,

When you contact cancellations the agent would have outlined a slightly different process. To insure the 30 day notice is noted on the account and then you request the transfer to the other provider.

Yes you are correct if you contact Vodafone and request the transfer it generally takes 10 working days to complete. I have stopped the pending cancellation request. So when the transfer completes to that provider that will cease the eircom account.

Yes if the transfer completes before the 19th June I will negate any 30 day notification charges.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark,

That's great.

May I suggest a sticky thread that outlines in detail the processes for both switching providers and complete cancellation of service. There is a lot of confusion out there about how to do this. The number of threads in the forum about this is clear indication of this.

Thanks for all your help.

Advertisement