Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do in Letterkenny and area

Options
  • 07-06-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I've got my girlfriend coming up from down the country for the first time this weekend and I'm actually struggling to think for things to show her around my own town and surrounding area..:eek: I'm hoping to do a few things that would genuinely be worth her seeing.

I can drive so going places isn't a problem.
    I was thinking of going to Glenveagh and the Port Salon beach area- weather dependant- which doesn't look too great at the minute :(

But are there any fun things you can or should do as a young couple in the area that I'm completely overlooking?

Cheers Guys :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Grianan Fort in Burt is always worth a spin to if the weather is good as is Atlantic Drive on the way to Portsalon.

What 'fun' things are there to do anywhere for young couples???? Without knowing your GF then no one can suggest what would be fun for her. Is she sporty, does she like walking/running/cycling? There are plenty of beaches within a short distance. Or simply do what all other couples do, go for a drive and show her around the town, go shopping, go out for a meal and a few drinks and a club if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭stephen090

CJC999 wrote: »
    What 'fun' things are there to do anywhere for young couples???? Without knowing your GF then no one can suggest what would be fun for her. Is she sporty, does she like walking/running/cycling? There are plenty of beaches within a short distance. Or simply do what all other couples do, go for a drive and show her around the town, go shopping, go out for a meal and a few drinks and a club if you like.

Cheers. Haha, yeah, I've got the obvious down like the look around town, few drinks and a meal. I'm not completely inept at this! :P I'd just like to do something different too on the Saturday, aside from the usual we tend to do together. I don't think either of us are too bothered about anything too sporty or strenuous, especially since a lot of outside options will be pretty crappy if the weather reports are accurate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Karting, Horse riding, Airsoft, Buy a Kite (that could be interesting depending on the weather...) Pitch n putt, Watch Spain V Italy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamh1975

Alcorns tropical world? The butterflies are really beautiful. Dh and I really enjoyed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Glebe House & gallery Its well worth it, very reasonable and very interesting. A tour of the house is only €3 and last about 40 minutes. You could go on to Glenveagh from there on the back road, its only a couple of miles

• Advertisement
Advertisement