Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Geography 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

So hard to cram for geography. Theres about 70 chapters ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭paddzdaman

grantee a rivers question will come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I hatteee rivers!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭orriray59

HL Geography tomorrow. It's really easy, but I haven't studied that much for it. I've done a bit, but I really need to go over the Physical Geography. But that should be easy enough, after all I'm not learning it for the first time, I'm just revising.

I expect rivers to come up. Not sure about anything else, but I'd a look at waterfalls, rocks and urban settlement might rear its ugly head also.

This shouldn't be a difficult exam. Just need to refresh my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

Erosion or depostion of either rivers or the sea will come up. Always do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

For the long questions in physical geography section 2, all you are ever asked is one feature of river/sea erosion/deposition,

all ya really need to know is 4 features,....possibly narrowing it down to 2, if they don't mention erosion/deposition specifically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I never answer Q1 or Q2 in Geography, hopefully I can avoid as much physical geography as possible.

I suppose rivers is somewhere to start, I just hate it so much.

How will knowing features of River Erosion get you anywhere in life?

"I dont know how to cook the dinner, but I do know 5 features of river erosion"

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

I think volcanoes will come up as part of the long questions. It last came up in 2004 I think...

Urgh, I'd love geography if it weren't for the physical geography part of it... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Just keep the marking scheme in mind when writing an answer especially for diagrams.
    Be grand.
    Only learning the maps now in case there's an awful question tomorrow.

We spent a good portion of second year doing map work so that's a question I'm definitely doing. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Anyone else think geography is the shortest exam ever ? :P
    The short questions take about 5 minutes and my revise wise book says spend 20 minutes on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eoghan24

Generally the same stuff come up every year so you can almost be certain rivers will come up,population pyramids,drawing a sketch map and questions on a map always come up so you need to know reasons a town may have grown in areas and how to show a place has certain functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

paddyzk wrote: »
    The short questions take about 5 minutes and my revise wise book says spend 20 minutes on :pac:

Not for me, I usually need all of the two hours short q's take me about 15 mins. The other q's takes make the remainder. Maths is the shortest exam for me. Can pump out an entire exam (P1 and 2) in 2 hours, however I'm spending the full time at my exam tomorrow.

paddyzk wrote: »

Same. It says at the front of our exam papers to spend 40 mintues on the short questions. :P I'll just have to make sure I don't rush. In the pres, I said the longshore drift was moving from right to left in the diagram when it was the other way round. Even when I got it back, I spent a minute staring at it, trying to figure out what way it was going. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ButtonBox

"I dont know how to cook the dinner, but I do know 5 features of river erosion"

^^ Hahahahaha. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 xTwizLaH

So are there any guaranteed questions for Geography (apart from the maps) ?

Advertisement