Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming to Galway In 3 weeks !! Best things to do including fun, alcohol and music !!

Options
  • 07-06-2012 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hiya Guys,

Myself (Kelly) and my friend (Sarah) are heading over to galway on the 28th of June, we are camping for a few nights at Salthills caravan Site and are planning on staying in Hostels for a couple of nights.

I was wondering if anyone could advise me of the best things to be getting upto in Galway for girls in their 20's :) we are looking for good traditional live music, plenty to drink and great atmospheres on the nights and some fishing for first timers and sightseeing on a day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... or a tour guide lmao ;)

Thaaaanks Kelly :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Hi Kelly,

Try this thread for the best of X in galway
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056153810

You are comin over at a great time too, the volvo ocean race is finishing here, so there is a festival starting from the 30th of june until the 8th of july. there will be loads of free entertainment , details can be found here http://www.volvooceanracegalway.ie/ . Otherwise just browse the forum you'll find a lot of helpful info here.

Enjoy ur Stay in the city of tribes.

PS. I hope you have the hostel booked, i would expect it to be quite difficult to find accommodation that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kel_worcester

noo we dont have the hostels booked as of yet lol !! Yeah I have been looking through the threads to find information !! I really cant wait to come over now :D

free entertainment sounds good !! where is the best places to drink in Galway city ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's a fancy water dispensing tap at the end of the prom. It's where all the hip young crowd hang out.

Any pubs in particular ? :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, just head for Shop street - Galway's pedestrianised main street.
    Most places around there will be good and in the summers the street itself is great craic if the weather is good.

swf+Shop+Street+Galway.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks :D I'm so excited to come...looks like pub crawls every night lol !!

Anyone offering to be a tour guide would be greatly appreciated lmao ;)

Advertisement