Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden retriever vs golden doodle

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I have a 2 and half year old F1B lightly shedding labradoodle and a 1 and a half year old fleece/curly coat F2 non shed labradoodle - they are both really lovely dogs.

One looks more like a labrador but has personality traits of a poodle - the other looks more like a poodle but has personality traits of a labrador, he is the most chilled out dog in the world.

Both were very easy to train, I'd even say the second one just watched the first, so when I did sit, down, stay,etc with the first, the second just copied him.

Would highly recommend labradoodle both you have to walk these dogs and give them time - but then again ever dog needs these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Louboutfan wrote: »
    Does anyone have experience of either breed and care to share info regarding temperament, ease of training, exercise requirements etc.

Thanks

I would go for a golden retriever because you generally know what you are getting, they make great pets. I prefer labs just because of their hair! Any doodles I have met have all been so different, in looks and temperament. It is really hit and miss. Some of the ones I have met have been huge! I completely understand why someone would get an IKC dog whose parents have all been health tested and are vaccinated and microchipped but I can't
    understand why someone would pay for a crossbreed dog when there are so many in rescues. Some may argue that it's because doodles are hypoallergenic? Which the majority of them are not!! Autism assistance dogs of ireland (AADI) have labradoodle pups in training now and they were donated by this breeder
    http://www.labradoodle.ie/ I don't know anything about this breeder but I know that AADI are very particular about what pups they use, you could contact the breeder and I am sure they will give you lots of info.

Advertisement