Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Dancing

• 07-06-2012 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Hi All

Please can ye help. I am looking to do Adult Irish dancing classes. not just for exercise but hopefully in competition. I did it years ago and am looking to go back possibly even in time to do teachers exams.

Finding it so hard to get any info on classes online.

I am located in Gorey but would travel to anywhere in Wicklow.

Have contacted Deirdre Furlong who does not do adult classes and Nicola Fortune in Gorey who doesn't do competition.

Please help - any info be very much appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

http://comhaltas.ie/locations/detail/bray

Contact Gerry at Bray Ceoltais. He is very well connected in the music and dancing game. You will get an answer from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

I have heard of two possible adult Irish dance classes starting in September one is just outside Gorey at the Bunker I think and another one in Arklow. Will post more when I find out more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Yve

petals wrote: »
    I have heard of two possible adult Irish dance classes starting in September one is just outside Gorey at the Bunker I think and another one in Arklow. Will post more when I find out more details.

Gorey/Arklow are ideal locations

PLEASE do keep me informed

Thanks a mill :)

Contact Gerry at Bray Ceoltais. He is very well connected in the music and dancing game. You will get an answer from him.

Mailed him over a week ago, awaiting response :)

Yve wrote: »
    Gorey/Arklow are ideal locations

PLEASE do keep me informed

Thanks a mill :)

will do as soon as I here any more from either of the schools

• Advertisement

From what I've heard there's an adult beginners Irish dance class starting in Arklow I presume in September.

Hi

I emailed this fella weeks ago and nothing back from him sadly :(

petals wrote: »
    From what I've heard there's an adult beginners Irish dance class starting in Arklow I presume in September.

Hi Petals

Do you have any further info on this?

Yve wrote: »
    Hi Petals

Do you have any further info on this?

They haven't given any more info yet other than the fact they will be starting adult classes when next term starts

Hey I haven't heard anything else about the one in Arklow yet. The one in Gorey is meant to be starting but she hasn't got details yet. It might be a bit far for you but in Dublin on Foley street there's a place called the Dance House and they're starting a beginners/Improvers and an Intermediate/Advanced class tomorrow night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭tregan

hi there,

my girls started dancing last week. this teacher may be able to help you out?

Caroline L. Fleming Professional Irish Dancing Acadamy
    Gorey, Wexford
    Telephone 086 2507513

Afaik Caroline Fleming doesn't do adult classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jellybaby21

Christine Campbell & Jerry Flynn 0866096493 try this school, I know that they have some adult dancers

Advertisement