Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea on offers?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, Im new to boards!

I cant find a thread on this...if you find out that the college has approved you for your first choice does that mean CAO will definitely offer you that place?
    Getting nervous now!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭MFPM

higgs1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Im new to boards!

I cant find a thread on this...if you find out that the college has approved you for your first choice does that mean CAO will definitely offer you that place?
    Getting nervous now!!

Yeah that's how it was for me last year. I had an interview in early March for my first choice and I was offered a place by the college a week later.

The CAO offered me the place on July 7th last year.

So you should know around the 5th of July or so.

Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Eenie

Yes, as long as you dont have any other higher preference courses on your CAO form. If the offer (from the Uni) you have is listed as your 1st choice on your form you will get offered it via CAO in July, on yeah the 5th I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Abby19

Same for me - I received an offer from the college - checked that letter a fair few times tbh, but a little part of me didn't believe it till I received the offer from the CAO, and then somehow it was that bit more real.

Totally understandable to be nervous, and as Eenie said below, you get offered your highest ranked course, so if this is your no 1 - congratulations, you should get the offer from the CAO in early July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 higgs1

Thanks everyone thats great to hear. I suppose seeing it on the CAO letter really brings it home.

Advertisement