If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bluray player suggestions?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a decent blu ray player to replace the cheap thing I have at the moment, it'll be used with a Viera 50" plasma and Onkyo 609 amp.

I mainly want excellent DVD upscaling and best possible sound and picture quality for blu ray, not interested in 3d, internet access, wifi etc. in particular but no objections if it does these too :)

Research seems to be leading me towards the Denon DBP 2012, is there a better player out there in the sub-£600 price range, and what would be current price delivered to Dublin/lead time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi 2sheds.

Cheers for the post and sorry for the delay, I've had to cover our busy shop over the last 2 days so putting in a few hours at home.

The Cambridge Audio 651BD is the one to look at if you are looking at excellent upscaling, great bluray picture and excellent overall sound quality including brilliant CD quality.

This is a seriously well built player and uses higher quality chips than the Denon and is one to seriously consider.

It's priced at £499.95 with delivery at £12.99 and if you are looking for an independent review, then check out trusted reviews as 9/10 is pretty good.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/cambridge-audio-azur-651bd_Blu-ray-Player_review

The Denon on the same site gets 8/10.

Keep us posted on any thoughts you have and we could have this shipped to you for delivery middle to end of next week.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Hello Dave, thanks for the reply, having checked it out I decided to go with your recommendation, have submitted an order for the 651BD this morning, hope to get it by end of next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just received the player, thanks for the quick service guys and looking forward to hooking it up to the system :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.