Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in city centre that will cut a SIM card down to Micro size ?

Options
  • 07-06-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to get my standard SIM card cut down to micro size to put in an iPhone I am planning to get soon. Someone who knows what they are doing, preferably with a punch machine or something like that ?

I don't want to look for a replacement micro SIM from "48" because they block your account for three days until the new card arrives ... and that is just crazy .... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭carlmango11

I actually did it myself when I got my iPhone before Meteor supported it.

Snip x 4.

Ideally find someone with one; place it over your sim matching up the contacts and cut around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks for that - yes I know I could prob do it.... I just want to find a place that might have better equipment and experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Little Miss Lady

Any Car phone warehouse should do it for you.
    They obliged me with no charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

GSM Solutions on Upper Abbey Street can probably do it for you or at least sell you something on the cheap to DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

GSM Solutions on Upper Abbey Street can probably do it for you or at least sell you something on the cheap to DIY
    I doubt they'll do anything on the cheap. Tried to charge me 20 for a non-manufacturer charge cable before, in a ziplock bag. Got it for 3 on Moore st, admittedly without the bafg but still...

@op I got mine done in carfone warehouse too, and they didn't charge at all. I didn't even buy the phone off them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks guys. Found a place in the Swan Centre in Rathmines that have a handy hand held gadget that cuts the SIM down to size. It looks reliable. €3.

Advertisement