Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fire in bewleys grafton street

• 07-06-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Wife just told me a college in work has a girlfriend working there and that there was a big fire there today ? 1st floor destroyed ? Don't see anything about it online ?? Would have thought it would have got a headline or two......
    Or is it a bs rumor ????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

A college you say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

italodisco wrote: »
    Wife just told me a college in work has a girlfriend working there and that there was a big fire there today ? 1st floor destroyed ? Don't see anything about it online ?? Would have thought it would have got a headline or two......
    Or is it a bs rumor ????

yup its true there was a fire there... not sure how much damage was done yet

A college you say

yeah colleges are very chatty buildings these days cant keep secrets either :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭micropig

Where's Grafton Street?:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Or is it a bs rumor ????

Purple monkey dishwasher :pac:

• Advertisement

yeah colleges are very chatty buildings these days cant keep secrets either :P

Nice to see he finally landed himself a girlfriend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

micropig wrote: »

In town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

In town.

ill give ya a clue
    its not in cork

Nice to see he finally landed himself a girlfriend

who did? :confused: oh wait yeah DIT is going out with Trinity for years.... they have a little nursery school together ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

Checked Breaking news, eircom.net, and RTE website nothing, I work in Dublin City it's just 10 minutes down the road and heard nothing about it would hear sirens etc if something big was happening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Good job its not Starbucks on fire, we'd have to ring England to send a fire engine! :D

who did? :confused:

The college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Cork, just off the English Market

Seifer wrote: »
    In town.
    RATM wrote: »
    In town.

Ah Tipperary Town, I should have guessed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

The only thing I can find online about it (apart from this thread) is this tweet:

https://twitter.com/NadiaAlhassan/status/210739265536131072

I'm sure if it was a big fire, or if people were hurt it would be on the news now.

Edit: that tweet was at 7:25 this morning, obviously it would have made the news by now if it was anything significant

Biggins wrote: »
    Good job its not Starbucks on fire, we'd have to ring England to send a fire engine! :D

nah we'd let that sh!thole burn :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

nah we'd let that sh!thole burn :p

At least the coffee would really be hot!
    The firemen could add the foam! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Britain, Britain you plaidhc*. The twitterry thing said "British" not "English". English is OK, it's the "British" thing upset people, including me.

*Plaidhc is an Irish personal swear-word - I have no idea what it means.

Why all the question marks in the non-questions in the OP? Is this the new standard, multiple ?s when not asking a question and a single ? when you are (asking a question)? I haven't figured out out the exclamation-mark question-mark combinations yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Typical dubliner-illiterate:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There'd more chance of someone ringing for a petrol tanker than a fire engine in that case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

John Doe1 wrote: »
    Typical dubliner-illiterate:D

Oh you mongo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

No point in asking anything on here when a retard swarm is a sure thing.....apologies for any misspelling that may have been very exciting and got too many of you going....seriously though , find a corner and sit in it while head-bobbing....

the fire was in an ESB sub station to the rear of bewlys the cafe was not damaged

the fire was in an ESB sub station to the rear of bewlys the cafe was not damaged

Will I make it there in time with a bucket of water to put it out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

No point in asking anything on here when a retard swarm is a sure thing.....apologies for any misspelling that may have been very exciting and got too many of you going....seriously though , find a corner and sit in it while head-bobbing....

Why did you ask then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

23 people dead and 6 people burst through windows in flames screaming for death... let the joking ensue further!!!Ding Ding Ding Ding!:pac:

I can't get the hang of the head bobbing, is there a video on-line or some instructions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Town forum please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement