Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior cert exam pain

Options
  • 07-06-2012 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

Hey guys!
    So as you probabley know Im doing the JC with all yee lot :P (And the people that just like to come on and chat haha :) )

I know we have only been at the exams 2 days now but I was just wondering have any of you guys got any pains yet? Hands, blisters? :P How are you relieving the pain?

The way I write i have my head tilted to the left and now I have a horrible pain in my neck on the right side and I was wondering if anybody else gets this! My neck is in severe pain and Im not sure what to do about it?

Thanks very much in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ButtonBox

Aw, that sucks! :( You could try those creams and stuff for pulled muscles? I forget what they're called, but I think Deepheat is one? It smells awful, but it's brilliant and sure if it helps, who cares? XD

I'm mostly grand. :P I hold my pens weirdly though and after all the writing yesterday, my finger is so sore. My supercool superintedent overheard me telling a friend and told me to put on a plaster haha. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Don't think JCs know much about neck pain :pac:
    Did you try and have a hot bath ? that's good for your muscles,might help it.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

Thanks for the answers il try those! :)

Im also blaming that demon waltzer i went on last year! Ive never been the same :L

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Always getting pains in my neck myself. Nothing seems to work, I just keep moving my head in a circular pattern and it's usually better by the next day

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

The way I write i have my head tilted to the left and now I have a horrible pain in my neck on the right side

That's exactly what I do! :eek: I just roll my head in a circle for a bit which helps work out the stiffness/pain.

I started writing the scéal today in Irish and my hand just seized up. I was fine after a minute or two though, thank God. I play music alot so my hands are pretty strong. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TheZestyLemon

If you're getting blisters it just means you've a bad grip on the pen. Try loosening your grip if you hold it tight, and the opposite if you hold it loosely. Try applying less pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 student1998

do in have to sit an exam if im not doing it in 5th year?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

do in have to sit an exam if im not doing it in 5th year?

Yes obviously, then whats the point studying it for 3 years

Advertisement