Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

registering a horse

Options
  • 07-06-2012 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

whats the cost for registering a yearling. I Know theres a cost of €105 for registering, but whats the rest, vet costs to do the dna test, and to buy the test kit from weatherbys so on.. i know vet costs may vary...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Apart from your registration cost, you should expect to pay in the region of €100 for the DNA sampling and the microchip in Veterinary fees. This varies between Veterinary practices, but that would be a rough indicator of the cost.

Ring around various practices and see how much they will charge you, just to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I just noticed that you also asked about the cost of the Weatherby's kit. We personally order that ourselves, because it's cheaper, but you can also use your Vet's kits which he will have got from Weatherby's, which will be extra on top of the above fee by about €80.

So including the Weatherby's kit, I'd say you're looking at in or around €200 in total, excluding reg costs.

Advertisement