Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overall Degree Results

Options
  • 07-06-2012 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, all. I've just got my results for 4th year and I got a 2.1. However since I don't know if that means 60% or 69.99999%, and my degree mark is calculated as the average of 3rd and 4th year, I don't know what my overall degree mark is. Does anybody know if the exams office will post this?

It's very, very, very annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dabh

Hi, all. I've just got my results for 4th year and I got a 2.1. However since I don't know if that means 60% or 69.99999%, and my degree mark is calculated as the average of 3rd and 4th year, I don't know what my overall degree mark is. Does anybody know if the exams office will post this?

It's very, very, very annoying.

The classes on the SS Mathematics results are the moderatorship results - i.e., they give the class of the degree awarded. (The average of the SS modules alone is not recorded with regard to the Mathematics moderatorship.)

N.B., every course has its distinctive regulations and procedures.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Group Theory Rocks

Are you sure? I'm in maths and I really hope you're right but it says "Annual Examination Results" here https://www.tcd.ie/vpcao/administration/examinations/assets/pdf/results/0894000.pdf

Are you sure? I'm in maths and I really hope you're right but it says "Annual Examination Results" here https://www.tcd.ie/vpcao/administration/examinations/assets/pdf/results/0894000.pdf

Yes, I am sure.

The term 'Annual' refers to the examination session. April/May is the "Annual" examination session, whereas August/September is the "Supplemental" examination session.

Within a few days, the breakdowns of the marks will be circulated, and you should find that the mark associated with your class is a weighted average of both Sophister years.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

If you're in 4th year, surely you've experienced this every year so far? You get your breakdown directly from your School or course director by whatever means they usually distribute them.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Group Theory Rocks

Gae wrote: »
    If you're in 4th year, surely you've experienced this every year so far? You get your breakdown directly from your School or course director by whatever means they usually distribute them.

Yeah but I haven't got the breakdown yet and I can't bear any more waiting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

What would one do if they want to view their scripts?

Fringe wrote: »
    What would one do if they want to view their scripts?

Make an appointment with the examiner (or someone nominated to stand in for the examiner) to look over the script together.

dabh wrote: »
    Make an appointment with the examiner (or someone nominated to stand in for the examiner) to look over the script together.

And I would recommend everyone views their scripts. You'd be surprised at the mistakes made when correcting exams. I've seen students go from 69 % to 70 % and therefore get Schols.

Advertisement