Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound System

Options
  • 07-06-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy a system, would like a 5.1 system but I don't know if I could get a decent one with a €150 - €200 budget.

Is there any requirements for a tv? I have a two-year-old Phillips Full Hd Tv. Think that would be compatable with most systems.

Also what should I be looking out for when purchasing? What spec etc.

Looking for someone who could recommend me a decent system around my budget.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Hi Maloney, you have a better chance of getting a reply over at Richer Sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 46 houseinthesun

Hi Maloney, where are you based?
    My brother has a Logitech 5.1 system for sale, I will call it used, but it very rarely has been.
    He lives in a semi detached superwarm home and the walls between him and his neighbour is not sound proof :D.
    He wants to get rid of it, it will suit your budget and its a cracking little system!
    He lives in Clare/Limerick area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Thanks for the replies lads.

Will have a look at the richersounds thread.

Sorry based in Cork so it would not be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Gegevo

Hi Maloney, where are you based?
    My brother has a Logitech 5.1 system for sale, I will call it used, but it very rarely has been.
    He lives in a semi detached superwarm home and the walls between him and his neighbour is not sound proof :D.
    He wants to get rid of it, it will suit your budget and its a cracking little system!
    He lives in Clare/Limerick area.

Is that logitech still available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I bought a 5.1 surround sound set up from logitech last week...cost was €99 with free shipping...very good speakers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

LaVail wrote: »
    I bought a 5.1 surround sound set up from logitech last week...cost was €99 with free shipping...very good speakers.

Do you have a link?, Sounds good with the free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Do you have a link?, Sounds good with the free shipping.

Logitech Z506 link

I bought direct from them.

The only thing I will say though is if you order this set up from them you will need to buy a 3 to two pin adapter

kgrhqfnke9c1fwn6bpdgp2i.jpg

Will only cost you a couple of quid in argos or where ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

make sure there is an optical out port

Advertisement