Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

john halligans silence on mick wallace....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

with all the badgering ,
    the fact remains that micks accounting own goal, is peanuts compared to the real bankster gangsters that have bankrupt eire inc.
    the likes of fianna fail+ their banking cronies+ their developer cronies+ their estate agent cronies + their solicitor cronies & not least the eurocrat moneylenders.........

Fair play to him the monies he juggled to help pay local suppliers and staff wages was a fair move rather than having it going into the imf coffers, there is no state monies anymore incase everyone on this thread board has been asleep since the arrival of the troica......... tax is simply not "our" money anymore........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Mick's a decent guy always was,let ye without sin cast the first stone, ye shower of <snip>.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Hoffmans wrote: »
    with all the badgering ,
    the fact remains that micks accounting own goal, is peanuts compared to the real bankster gangsters that have bankrupt eire inc.
    That's one way of spinning it.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭letsbet

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Mick's a decent guy always was,let ye without sin cast the first stone, ye shower of ****.

Exactly. He was the one in the Dail trying to hold the govt to account and giving out about bankers etc. He was far from without sin and had no moral authority to preach to anyone. That's not to even mention the fact that he doesn't have a clue about any of the stuff he spouts on about. Not sure why you feel all of us are sinners as well as ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Mick's a decent guy always was,let ye without sin cast the first stone, ye shower of ****.

Doubling his & his sons salary while at the same time filling false Tax returns is not the act of a "Decent Guy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

ah poor ole mick, hes like tom murphy now, out on his own.
    with the dail hobos honing in on him and blowing off steam , it is looking like an attempt to distract the media from the two 5 billion promissory notes they intend to pay on 26th of june, one for the old insolvent anglo, and the other for fingletons irish nationwide, thats a nice cool 10 billion or 10,000,000,000€ going back to the gamblers for their "lost"bets..

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

An insightful, profound post. You've really made me think about all of this differently, ever thought of going into political journalism? You could really make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Bards wrote: »
    Doubling his & his sons salary while at the same time filling false Tax returns is not the act of a "Decent Guy"
    has this really been the case, so what was he allowing he himself keep per week, and how much was his son receiving per week, and what position did his son hold in the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Mick's a decent guy always was,let ye without sin cast the first stone, ye shower of <snip>.

BMHL
    In vino veritas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

goat2 wrote: »
    has this really been the case, so what was he allowing he himself keep per week, and how much was his son receiving per week, and what position did his son hold in the company.

Wallace and his son were both directors, they took out about 300,000 in the year before the company went tits up. Twice the amount of the previous year. You'd think they'd have been tightening their belts in 2008.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

canonise mick now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

I would prefer to see him shot from a cannon. Hes a crook who decepted most of wexford into thinking he was a decent skin, the pay double, not paying his taxes, making no attempt to pay ....

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭anbodhran

Do people really think Wallace is that bad? A bit naive.

Comparisons with Bertie et al - Bertie was engaged in systematic corruption for God knows how long. A good decade at least. In doing so he abused his position of power, which led to bad decision making, particularly in relation to planning. We will have to live with the consequences of this corruption for decades.

Wallace was a company director who made a incorrect VAT return. This is not uncommon. There are hundreds who do it and get caught every year, and about one every three months of a similar size of Wallace's company. Wallace wasn't even caught, he brought it to the attention of Revenue.

Personally, although I can see the reasons why he did it, I still believe he is wrong, but people need to be aware that the vitriol being directed at him should be shared around far more equally. If he hadn't gone into politics none of us would be discussing this.

anbodhran wrote: »
    If he hadn't gone into politics none of us would be discussing this.

That's the problem, he put himself before the people of Wexford as a person of high moral standards and campaigned that he would do things differently, and try and end corruption.

All this while knowingly filling false VAT returns.

That's the problem, he put himself before the people of Wexford as a person of high moral standards and campaigned that he would do things differently, and try and end corruption.

All this while knowingly filling false VAT returns.

Sure what are we worrying about the people of Wexford for so? If they want to keep him and return him that's their own business.

And just to further back up my point with perfect timing, Revenue have published their latest quarterly list, and Wallace's company is the second largest defaulter for the first three months of the year.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0612/mick-wallace-td-2nd-on-list-of-biggest-defaulters.html

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Some of the replies here make me cringe,
    Wallace is a politician, he has screwed us by filling false returns.
    Remove him from the Dail now, get him to court and leave the law deal with him.
    This BS attitude of a sure he is a grand lad has to stop.
    If we put our politicians before the courts it will make them think twice before they act.
    In the UK the minute this story broke he would be made resign, it's a joke that he is still holding a seat :mad:

anbodhran wrote: »
    Sure what are we worrying about the people of Wexford for so? If they want to keep him and return him that's their own business.

...But it's my taxes that is paying his Salary... That's My Business and I don't like it one single bit.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

goat2 wrote: »
    and here is another,
    i would say that he had a big staff, which he paid and looked after,

It never ceases to amaze me that all you have to do to get a get out of jail free card in Ireland is to employ a few people. You could bugger the Pope if you had a few lads on the payroll. What the F is wrong with people that they are so blind to chancers? It is your country they are screwing lads.

...But it's my taxes that is paying his Salary... That's My Business and I don't like it one single bit.:mad:

He is paid to represent the people of Wexford. Like it or not the people of Waterford have little business with that.

For the same reason people like Michael Lowry are in office, and is consistently returned to office by the people of North Tipp despite repeated scandal and 'profoundly corrupt behaviour" which was highlighted in the Moriarty Tribunal. Corruption as a politician is far worse than anything else in my opinion.

Not only was Lowry's company fined over €1 million following a Revenue audit, but Lowry have to settle for €200,000 for evasion of personal taxes. Despite this he topped the polls in the last election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have no doubt that this news will galvanise support for Mick Wallace in his constituency and that he'll be in politics for a long time to come. He'll just become the next Michael Lowry, a hero for trying to stick it to the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

AdMMM wrote: »
    I have no doubt that this news will galvanise support for Mick Wallace in his constituency and that he'll be in politics for a long time to come. He'll just become the next Michael Lowry, a hero for trying to stick it to the man.

And this is exactly why this country is on its knees

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Hoffmans wrote: »
    with all the badgering ,
    the likes of fianna fail+ their banking cronies+ their developer cronies+ their estate agent cronies + their solicitor cronies & not least the eurocrat moneylenders.........

Fair play to him the monies he juggled to help pay local suppliers and staff wages was a fair move rather than having it going into the imf coffers, there is no state monies anymore incase everyone on this thread board has been asleep since the arrival of the troica......... tax is simply not "our" money anymore........

Mick? Hello? Is that you?

Remind me what your job was again before you fooled some strawberry pickers into voting for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Nypd wrote: »
    And this is exactly why this country is on its knees
    Exactly.. it's sickening tbh.

A nice fun fact is that John Deasy is second last in terms of Dail contributions behind the one and only Michael Lowry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

AdMMM wrote: »
    Exactly.. it's sickening tbh.

A nice fun fact is that John Deasy is second last in terms of Dail contributions behind the one and only Michael Lowry!

Apparently he thinks he's Chesney Hawkes.

Advertisement