Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Higher Level Maths Paper 1 2012 Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭DepoProvera

Hmmmpf for the binomial question I got 153090/16 (which is 76545/8) and left it like that... Surely I won't lose marks for not simplifying? :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    That could be right...one of my friends got the exact same. Damn, I messed up such a nice question :(

76545/8 is right bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

cocopopsxx wrote: »
    Really? So annoyed that I messed up such a nice question- was almost sure I got it right. Urghhh!

No, I mean't that I didn't write it down because it was so ridiculous but it was probably the right answer! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11 clairekitteh

so, uhm... What does everyone think in general? Was it easier overall? Will the marking scheme be really harsh? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

so, uhm... What does everyone think in general? Was it easier overall? Will the marking scheme be really harsh? :/

In comparison to previous years, I think it was ridiculously easy. I think they'll marks hard on the part a's and b's because in fairness they were all doable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Viken

Wesc. wrote: »
    2.k.root(k) over 3 ... or you could say 2k^3/2 divided by 3. :)
    F*ck yeah. Delighted with that.

Here's hoping they won't mark it too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kyle84

I think the a's and b's will be marked hard cuz they were easy,the c's will be marked depending on the response,which i think may be slightly poorly answered this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I just did q4 in like ten minutes and I'm pretty sure I got it all right... oh my god why didn't I do it in the exam, I hate myself right now

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

The questions were not that hard but the twists in them were, many people had the right idea/approach but everyone I chatted to had a different answer for almost every question.... Up here in the north-west My paper should be marked easy, hopefully I will just get B2/3 in this paper.

I'd say nationwide it will be marked easy as well. Not as easy as last year but it was quite a difficult exam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

finality wrote: »
    I just did q4 in like ten minutes and I'm pretty sure I got it all right... oh my god why didn't I do it in the exam, I hate myself right now

It was actually almost more of an algebra question than sequences and series.

Just proves that still Q4 is always the most straightforward if you put a fair bit of work into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

I got that too. Almost certain it's correct.

Yeah. (unfortunately for me)
    76545/8 is right bud :)

Seeing as most people got that, it is. :/
    Wanchor wrote: »
    No, I mean't that I didn't write it down because it was so ridiculous but it was probably the right answer! :(

Awww.But if you showed the working, you'd get a lot of marks. :)

In comparison to previous years, I think it was ridiculously easy. I think they'll marks hard on the part a's and b's because in fairness they were all doable.

Thats very true... Agh I know I messed up a few bits though >.<

Yeah, as someone said earlier, this is more evidence of the benefits of studying all 8 questions.. I would have been quite upset without Q4 and 5.
    Hmmmpf for the binomial question I got 153090/16 (which is 76545/8) and left it like that... Surely I won't lose marks for not simplifying? :L
    what do you think lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

It was actually almost more of an algebra question than sequences and series.

Just proves that still Q4 is always the most straightforward if you put a fair bit of work into it.

It was so easy... I'm just so angry with myself over it.

Omg same!! :( I actually did start it in the exam but I misread the first question and thought I wouldn't be able to do it so crossed it out and moved to another question. MISREAD. Hate myself.

Dapics wrote: »
    The questions were not that hard but the twists in them were, many people had the right idea/approach but everyone I chatted to had a different answer for almost every question.... Up here in the north-west My paper should be marked easy, hopefully I will just get B2/3 in this paper.

I'd say nationwide it will be marked easy as well. Not as easy as last year but it was quite a difficult exam

Woo North-west! aha, I just hope they don't load all the marks on the C parts because I messed some of them up big time... uugghhhh.

kyle84 wrote: »
    I think the a's and b's will be marked hard cuz they were easy,the c's will be marked depending on the response,which i think may be slightly poorly answered this year

Yup... I definitely poorly answered C parts ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 Dazaq

Anyone have like 100% correct solutions up anywhere yet

the solutions posted recently look for the most part correct so i'd use them

Yup... I definitely poorly answered C parts ha.
    I wouldnt worry,you prob did better than you think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Green Tricolour

I dread not doing Q5.I was positive that the general term was in the logs!kicking myself.Easiest question in the paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 Dazaq

Im still getting 315 for dat stupid binomial question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

It was so easy... I'm just so angry with myself over it.

*Says it was soo easy.. does shít.

Please stop, it was a difficult exam, maths in general is extremely difficult. If you're going to call a leaving cert maths exam easy you best back it up with an A1 grade which by the looks of things you haven't.

Well done to all the tweeps who did well, no doubt through all the hard work paid off

Please stop, it was a difficult exam, maths in general is extremely difficult. If you're going to call a leaving cert maths exam easy you best back it up with an A1 grade which by the looks of things you haven't.

Well done to all the tweeps who did well, no doubt through all the hard work paid off

I think finality is talking about the sequence and series question which in fairness was easy....regret not doing it :/

Woah woah woah... Cool your jets, bud. He was just saying he wishes he chose to do that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 JailB8 xoxo

hes talking about one question in particular which he didnt do that was noticeably easier than the rest. have been plenty of people in here doing exactly what you were saying though

Dazaq wrote: »
    Im still getting 315 for dat stupid binomial question

7R8Zy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Theorems

Woo! Pretty sure I passed! Morning cramming session paid off.. Now for the dreaded paper 2, my downfall

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I'm posting my solutions now. Pretty sure 100% correct. Due to time was only able to do 1,2,6,7,8. 3,4,5 coming tomorrow.

• Advertisement

7R8Zy.jpg

Thank you...but we were taught a very different formula for the general term. :confused:

Advertisement