Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Higher Level Maths Paper 1 2012 Before/After **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

cfitz94 wrote: »
    ok. so what do u do if u fail maths in ur leaving cert??

You still have one paper to do, don't worry too much if this one went badly. Happened to me last year and I managed to get through with a D1.

If you do fail maths, you can always get it rechecked, or repeat it, or just wait until results come out and deal with it if the problem arises then.

Just work hard for your next paper and put this one out of your mind for now. There's no point worrying about it right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

what a **** of a paper

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I did out the solutions to last years paper and posted them on boards. I'll be doing the same this year so expect all solutions before 8pm.

What question would you like uploaded first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'd rather not look at solutions, at least not until I've finished paper 2. I felt it was a fair paper, much nicer than last years. Few bit I couldn't get my head around but other than that I'm fairly happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭DoctorMedicine

I did out the solutions to last years paper and posted them on boards. I'll be doing the same this year so expect all solutions before 8pm.

What question would you like uploaded first?

^^Fair play for offering your time and effort, but I do not think it is wise nor considerate to put up solutions to the paper. I remember you doing it last year and it was rather off-putting and caused great anxiety to me and also to other students, I am sure, that they could calculate/miscalculate an approximate score. They often would miscalculate unknowingly and get a disappointing mark which will only worry them.

Although you are very kind to offer to do this, I think your kindness is misguided because instead of helping students, you may be causing them even more stress.

That's just my opinion, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 pio94

what a horibble paper

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

is the paper up yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

^^Fair play for offering your time and effort, but I do not think it is wise nor considerate to put up solutions to the paper. I remember you doing it last year and it was rather off-putting and caused great anxiety to me and also to other students, I am sure, that they could calculate/miscalculate an approximate score. They often would miscalculate unknowingly and get a disappointing mark which will only worry them.

Although you are very kind to offer to do this, I think your kindness is misguided because instead of helping students, you may be causing them even more stress.

And to others, it sets their mind at ease. No one's forcing anyone to read the solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 KHJ

Whoever set that paper is a c***! I hope they drown in this weather. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Just a question

I got the differentiation wrong on 7 (b) (i)

Does that mean I get no marks for part (ii)

• Advertisement

Just don't look at the solutions if they're going to stress you out. I'd personally love to see solutions, I'm going to be stressed as **** if I don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭charliehotel

8 (c)

Confuzzled :SSSSSSSSSSS

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Wkds

****ing sound paper. Definitely got over 80% I'm hoping for an A though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Just a question

I got the differentiation wrong on 7 (b) (i)

Does that mean I get no marks for part (ii)

As long as you did part 7 (ii) correctly, the error is deducted only in part (i).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Izymunz

Wow, what a paper!
    I think the only question I got right was 7!!
    After a year of getting all the previous years right that is what it came down to. FML:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

): i'm awful depressed over it. should have dropped down oh my god. D:
    i forgot everything and went pure blank in the head. /: couldn't even do question 1 properly. ONE! D: ahhh god i hope paper 2 will be kind to me. ):

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Fair enough then. :)

If anyone would actually like solutions they can pm me, I will not however upload them.

I think I only got 7 and 8 fully right. Made a balls of some part of the c questions in all the others. Wishing I'd done 4 now, I looked at it at the end and it seemed fine. ugh.

Fair enough then. :)

If anyone would actually like solutions they can pm me, I will not however upload them.

I don't think you should let one person stop you from uploading them. People don't have to look at them, and they would be a great help for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭montown

overall quite happy with it. question 2,5 and 7 were beautiful! so surprised the induction was as basic as that! the integration part C was horrific though, and struggled with a few other little bits, but it could have gone so much worse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

Okay so i did Q7 a and b, and then realised Q8 looked much easier, and so i started Q8, but only got a and b done because i run out of time
    so i have 7 questions done technically, how will it be corrected?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Anyone else see the error on Q6 c (iii) ?

I think it should have been F'(x) ?

Can someone confirm this for me please?

Cheers tweeps

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭the_big_shmoke

must say i found that paper a lot more pleasant than last year's paper 1.

there was nowhere near the amount of hysterics outside the school afterwards as well

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Rebekahx

xcorina wrote: »
    Okay so i did Q7 a and b, and then realised Q8 looked much easier, and so i started Q8, but only got a and b done because i run out of time
    so i have 7 questions done technically, how will it be corrected?

They'll correct both but whichever one has more marks they'll count

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Pretty reasonable paper for HL maths LC... the (c)s were fairly difficult though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

And to others, it sets their mind at ease. No one's forcing anyone to read the solutions.

I wasn't saying don't post the solutions, I don't mind atall! I was just saying I won't be reading them is all. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Somethings not right here.I found that very easy and I'm not great at maths.The stuff I had a last look over before the exam came up like binomial therom and proof by induction.

I think that paper was easier than last years.Integration was tough though.I was halfway through and I had to go and do 3 instead.Hopefully a B2 or even a B1.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

My opinion on the paper....grand for people looking for the pass -B2 grade but severely tough for those trying to get an A1 or A2. The C parts were terribly tough for the most part. 3(c) and 8(c) were real ***** like.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Easiest Q7(c) ive ever seen.. but how on earth did you do 6(c) (converting it to cos2x) :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Wkds

finality wrote: »
    I think I only got 7 and 8 fully right. Made a balls of some part of the c questions in all the others. Wishing I'd done 4 now, I looked at it at the end and it seemed fine. ugh.
    How did you do 8(c)?

Advertisement