Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aldi stores

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

jor el wrote: »
    The shop can do something to control queue sizes, yes, but can do nothing about a person walking away from the conveyor to go and get more items. If it's just a quick dash to grab one more thing, and they're back before their shopping starts t oget scanned through, then there's no real problem. It's the people that go off around to continue half their shop, while the other half is holding up a till that are the problem. The shops can do very little to prevent this, bar having security personal monitoring this behaviour and stopping it. That would lead to far worse publicity for the shop though, as ignorant people like that tend to be the loudest too.

As long as the operator hasn't started scanning them, I'd happily jump ahead of someone's abandoned shopping.

Aldi and Lidl stores have recieved mention before on Liveline over staff removing the shopping of those who leave their shopping unattended at the tills or abandon their trollys elsewhere around the stores usually at bottlenecks like the fridges and bread areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,089 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I got caught out being polite in Aldi once. Some guy was carrying a couple of items so I let him in front of me, and a couple of minutes later his missus showed up with a cardboard box full of stuff and emptied it into her husband's space.

Between them they had more feckin items than I had.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Jesus, this sounds like some sort of cult epidemic in the discount german supermarkets.
    I'm going to have to keep my wits about me next time I go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,017 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I got caught out being polite in Aldi once. Some guy was carrying a couple of items so I let him in front of me, and a couple of minutes later his missus showed up with a cardboard box full of stuff and emptied it into her husband's space.

Between them they had more feckin items than I had.:(

You should have sneakily pushed your most expensive item into their pile and watch their faces when their bill is totted up. I did that once to an obnoxious old git who pushed in ahead of me. Priceless watching him explain that it wasn't his.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

You should have sneakily pushed your most expensive item into their pile and watch their faces when their bill is totted up. I did that once to an obnoxious old git who pushed in ahead of me. Priceless watching him explain that it wasn't his.

i like it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭washiskin

Tell you what gets on my wick, people who put their stuff on the belt and then just stand at the bottom of it watching their shopping making it's way up and all the while you're standing there trying not to drop your own stuff as your arm is going dead from the weight. No amount of polite "ahem"s can shift these dossers :rolleyes:
    Happened to me last week and in the end I had to resort to plopping a 6-pack of Cat Food on the metal bit to waken the dozy sod in front of me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I guy I used to work with (in retail) had a phrase which sums up customers pretty well. He used to walk into the office and say "I hate humans". Wayne if you're out there buddy - I agree :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Checkouts, whether it's Aldi, Tesco or any other shop, just accept it, breathe easily and chillax, life is too short to let these type of things get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

slave1 wrote: »
    Checkouts, whether it's Aldi, Tesco or any other shop, just accept it, breathe easily and chillax, life is too short to let these type of things get to you.

And should you just 'accept' someone jumping in ahead of you?

Advertisement