Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Ordinary Level Maths Paper 1...Before/After**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Was the best paper I've sat so far. :o ah well, you win some you lose some. Think I passed anyway, and Project Maths should boost my points up a fair bit too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Just came home from it. The worst exam I've ever done in my life! What the hell was that? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭angela1711

I think it was a grand paper, the questions where fairly easy

• Registered Users Posts: 43 motorola1337

By far the easiest exam i have ever sat in my life...left within an hour completing 7 questions (i know i needed to do 6 but our teacher advised to do 7 if we have time) and being 100% confident that they are all 100% right...i am thrilled with how i did :) sure of an a1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cosmokiv

This was just terrible i failed, half of my school is very dissapointed id say i got about 15%.

anyone have good websites to study for paper2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

That was not good. A lot to be done for paper 2 on Monday! Maths and Irish paper 2, French and biology to be absolutely crammed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I thought it was a really easy paper apart from the algebra part C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

Paper was a bit of a mixed bag:confused: . Some questions were do-able, others.... well I don't want to talk about the others:( .

I do think I passed though, which is all I need to do because I'm not counting maths for points. At least my worst subject is nearly over now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

couldn't do part (c) of question 8 or part (b) for 6

really pissed off. Just went blank. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Tricky enough paper.. Did Q 1,2,3,4,6 & 7. couldn't get some of the parts c's at all.. and no first principles:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

Best paper I've sat :D made the decision to drop down the last second!
    so glad I did, answered every Q, didnt get one or two part (c)'s but sure!
    Didn't get Q6 either but at least I get 9/25 for attempt marks :) sooo delighted with it

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Got my A1, so hopefully paper two won't bring it down. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Thought Qs 1-3 were great! Think I might have got them all right...or most of them anyways...
    Sequences & series was good except for (c)(iii)
    I also did 6-7
    Did not get 6(b)..tried anyways - attempt marks
    Also didn't get 7(b)(ii)
    and couldn't do 8(c)(iii)
    but otherwise it was grand:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I found that hard and even the a parts were tricky. I messed up on a lot of questions apart from differentiation apart from the c part. I sat looking at the paper for ages wondering what to do. I found Q1 tricky. I can't fail maths a second time :(. Now I have to rely on project maths to bring me up. Gonna be a long weekend spent on project maths. And first principle wasn't on the paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Very happy. Worried about Project Maths though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

What the hell was that electricity bill all about. Was I supposed to add the previous and present, or was I supposed to find the average of thee two, or was I supposed to find the cost of the present. Why didn't they specify....

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bluugirl

Hardly any of the questions I liked came up I thought it was a really cruel paper some of the stuff I've never even seen before! :( I think I just passed it

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

HI Everyone.
    I am a maths teacher but am out of the country today. I wonder would anyone be so good as to e mail me the paper lilyelimum@gmail.com
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

I found that hard and even the a parts were tricky. I messed up on a lot of questions apart from differentiation apart from the c part. I sat looking at the paper for ages wondering what to do. I found Q1 tricky. I can't fail maths a second time :(. Now I have to rely on project maths to bring me up. Gonna be a long weekend spent on project maths. And first principle wasn't on the paper!

I definitely failed that paper badly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Hagz wrote: »
    What the hell was that electricity bill all about. Was I supposed to add the previous and present, or was I supposed to find the average of thee two, or was I supposed to find the cost of the present. Why didn't they specify....

I didn't know whether we had to find the complete total cost of all the units, or the cost of the units used since the last reading, so I wrote a little note to he examiner explaining that I didn't know which one the question wanted and then I did both. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

By far the easiest exam i have ever sat in my life...left within an hour completing 7 questions (i know i needed to do 6 but our teacher advised to do 7 if we have time) and being 100% confident that they are all 100% right...i am thrilled with how i did :) sure of an a1 now

Thats 12 minutes per question and highly unlightly, you must have shown little or no workings.
    Tricky enough paper.. Did Q 1,2,3,4,6 & 7. couldn't get some of the parts c's at all.. and no first principles:(

Did the same as you, so pissed there was no first principals!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I feel like a retard now.. In question 1 (a)... I added both the previous and current units together and then calculated the cost of it all... Got like 10,000euro and I was there like WTF is going on... Ahh well hopefully not be so bad :confused: .. Paper 2 is my best paper though, got 59 in it in Pre's and only 41 on Paper 1...

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

by the way I find www.leavingcertsolutions.com really good for revision . good luck to you all on monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Absolutely ridiculous paper. I asked the examiner did I use the present or previous in Q1 and she told me to take them away from eachother and it looked right then. I thought the differentiation was fine but what the **** is with the little "ms-1" on C) ii) and iii)?

I really need to do well on the project maths now, that was a horrible paper bar Q1 and 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Happy :)
    Didnt think it was that bad. Most of my part cs worked out. Actually thought the part bs were more difficult.
    I did Q 1,2,3,4,7 and 8.
    Started 6 but holy jesus that was tough :0
    Switched to 3 then!

The first question about the bills was pretty unfair.
    Lots of people didnt know you had to subtract the 2 readings (myself too, but I guessed and turns out its right).

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Schonie

Absolutely ridiculous paper. I asked the examiner did I use the present or previous in Q1 and she told me to take them away from eachother and it looked right then. I thought the differentiation was fine but what the **** is with the little "ms-1" on C) ii) and iii)?

I think it was metres per second...maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I really need to do well on the project maths now, that was a horrible paper bar Q1 and 7.

Deceleration. Well I think anyways .. :L
    it didnt make too much of a difference anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ismiseaoife

Just did the paper 1 project maths paper.. was really weird!
    Most questions hadn't been covered on the course & it was just.. ugh, don't think I failed but I'm depending on attempt marks!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

The examiner actually helped you? :eek:
    Should be reported

• Advertisement
Advertisement