Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Ordinary Level Maths Paper 1...Before/After**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

subz3r0 how did you get 5 and a half for 3. (a)?

Substitute 7 for t.

((7) - 1)x = 2 - 5(7)
    6x = -33
    x = -5.5

I hope I didn't go wrong catastrophically somewhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Nah I got the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

i got that too

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭An0n

I'm so delighted with the paper.

Hoping for my A1.

Went through my teachers answers about 20 minutes after the exam and everything she wrote seemed to match. Except for one thing that she made a mistake at!
    Haha what a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

subz3r0 wrote: »
    6 - 4i + 3u = 5i
    3u = -6 + 9i
    u = -2 + 3i

Ah crap I was half way right on that question . I tried to plot -6 + 9 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Martin_94 wrote: »
    i got that too
    Same here, thought it was wrong at first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

i put 33 over 6 for 3.a..

would that get full marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

Ah shít, i got different answers for Q1. (c). :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

i put 33 over 6 for 3.a..

would that get full marks?

If it was -33/6 it would, but if it was just 33/6, you would loose a mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

Oh god, I think I cost myself an A1 for a silly mistake in Q.1. Lol, I feel wile stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Q. 7 (a) never wrote this down
    (b) (i) never wrote this down (ii) 35
    (c) (i) 33 (ii) 2seconds (iii) 71.75

How did you get 7c (ii)???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

padocon wrote: »
    How did you get 7c (ii)???

23 = 3 + 10t
    23 - 3 = 10t
    20 = 10t
    2=t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

F**k when I defrencated I made it to be 3+15t instead of 10t :(

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭shanmo

Really weird paper.
    Hope paper two is easy enough.
    What would I need to aim for in paper two so that with what was a hrad paper one (guesing 60ish %) I can get a c3??
    Anybody any good tips or sites for project maths??

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Vetton

shanmo wrote: »
    Really weird paper.
    Hope paper two is easy enough.
    What would I need to aim for in paper two so that with what was a hrad paper one (guesing 60ish %) I can get a c3??
    Anybody any good tips or sites for project maths??

Just keep getting familiar with the project maths layout by doing sample papers should help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

I just remembered I didnt give the make and model of my calculator! You're supposed to do that aren't you? Will I lose anything for that? Dear god I hope not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gallad123

I just remembered I didnt give the make and model of my calculator! You're supposed to do that aren't you? Will I lose anything for that? Dear god I hope not :(
    no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

your result will be withheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

Naomi00 wrote: »
    How did you take pictures in the exam?

I wrote the answers into my exam paper and brought the paper home with me. I took them just a few minutes ago.

Are your answers all right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

That was a vile paper. I reckon I passed it, but not by much. UGH! There's my A gone out the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭EducationFinder

Naomi00 wrote: »
    How did you take pictures in the exam?

I wrote the answers into my exam paper and brought the paper home with me. I took them just a few minutes ago.

Never mind I see your description XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Are your answers all right

As I said at the start of my post most of them should be but obviously I don't know. May be a few wrong answers in Part Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Not happy at all. Between grinds and getting the head down I did all the questions on Paper 1 in previous years and when I went over them I remembered how I did most of them. Was confident of a B or so going in, which would be quite an accomplishment for someone of my (lack of) mathematical ability.

Went into the exam and thought a lot of it didn't look anything like any of the previous years questions. Might have just been me but... :mad:

Also pissed off about Q.1 (b). When did understanding electricity bills become part of the syllabus? My parents handle all that, I've never so much as seen past the cover of the electricity metre outside. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47 BubblegumBitch

HowAreWe wrote: »
    your result will be withheld.

... what does that mean? I wont get it? b-b-but... :(

Showed my parents the bill question and they were like 'Ah sure that's easy'...yeah, when you've had like 30 years to familiarise yourself with the electricity billing system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

i find maths extremely easy....

If you really were good at maths you would be doing Higher Level.

If you really were good at maths you would be doing Higher Level.

What is the point of this comment, what difference does it make to you what level some stranger on the internet does?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Also pissed off about Q.1 (b). When did understanding electricity bills become part of the syllabus? My parents handle all that, I've never so much as seen past the cover of the electricity metre outside. :rolleyes:

My dad made me go out to check the metre for the bill like 2 weeks ago, what're the chances? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Not happy at all. Between grinds and getting the head down I did all the questions on Paper 1 in previous years and when I went over them I remembered how I did most of them. Was confident of a B or so going in, which would be quite an accomplishment for someone of my (lack of) mathematical ability.

Went into the exam and thought a lot of it didn't look anything like any of the previous years questions. Might have just been me but... :mad:

I'm in the exact same boat, I have never seen alot of it in my life despite doing all the past paper 1's like yourself.

I feel like I'm after wasting my parents money on grinds now, unless Paper 2 is really kind, its such a **** feeling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Namlub wrote: »
    What is the point of this comment, what difference does it make to you what level some stranger on the internet does?

I was just pointing out the obvious contradiction in his/her statement. I couldn't care less what level he/she does, calm the head.

Advertisement