Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreams so real its dificult to distinguish from reality

Options
  • 07-06-2012 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

had trouble sleeping last night, got 1-2 broken hours. ran out of my meds, got some at 9am and then went to bed from 11am-4pm. I had a dream I was in a square room, no doors and 1 wall was a like a huge film reel. I could move it up/down and scan thru the different scenes. it was a western movie, cowboys etc, I examined the other walls and eventually found a false wall that lead into a movie theater, I sat down at a seat in the back and it felt incredibly real. nothing seemed out of the ordinary, physics,sound/light, the behavior of the people, it was like I was in an alternate dimension.

Ive had dreams like this without my medication. its a very odd feeling, I was fully 'awake'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

It's called lucid dreaming. There's plenty of info on the web about it.

It happens to a lot of people. No need to be alarmed. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Ive had lucid dreaming, this seemed a step above

How did you find it different from lucid dreaming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

18AD wrote: »
    How did you find it different from lucid dreaming?
    large crowd of people, all having conversations, moving around, interacting ( the movie hadnt begun yet)
    there was no morphing like in dreams, people seemed normal, the room seemed normal. Ive had lucid dreaming but with 'supernatural' occurences, laws of physics being broken and during conversations with characters in the dreams Im aware that its me having a conversation with myself in my own brain/mind

large crowd of people, all having conversations, moving around, interacting ( the movie hadnt begun yet)
    there was no morphing like in dreams, people seemed normal, the room seemed normal. Ive had lucid dreaming but with 'supernatural' occurences, laws of physics being broken and during conversations with characters in the dreams Im aware that its me having a conversation with myself in my own brain/mind

That's interesting. My regular type of lucid dream involves talking to other people. I sometimes know that I am talking to myself, but this is usually a conscious deduction based on having had those types of dream before. I often do have conversations which are with "other people".

The morphing as well, seems to be a hit and miss thing for me. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 jigital

I've noticed that lucid dreaming is more likely to occur if you were several hours trying to fall asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭shane9689

withdrawl symptoms from your meds maybe? why do you take meds anyways if i may ask?

Advertisement