Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Geography 2012- Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cracknafobia

can anyone tell me i did a waterfall for the depostion landform question and should have done meandering instead will i get any marks? Carrick-on-Shannon was the map and photo was delighted cause i live here not sure if its much of an advantage!
    May we never speak or see an other SRP again!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

The mezzogiorno is in a developed economy right? for the one tertiary activity question? I know it needs some development, but thats in transport and it's already been done...and Italy is a developed economy, the likes of India and Brazil aren't right...so writing about tourism in the mezzogiorno there is fine right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aidenryan

HowAreWe wrote: »
    what.

like do u have to be exact to the point??? or are they just gonna rite O beside it for not answerin the specific q.

what was the question i did the mezzogiorno tertiary activites and picked transport and primary economic activites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

can anyone tell me i did a waterfall for the depostion landform question and should have done meandering instead will i get any marks? Carrick-on-Shannon was the map and photo was delighted cause i live here not sure if its much of an advantage!
    May we never speak or see an other SRP again!
    Unfortunately I don't think so... I had planned to do a waterfall but remember my teacher telling me in our block classes that if it does not say erosion don't do a waterfall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Limschoolboy

Aidenryan wrote: »
    how pacific will they be on the srps ur talkin about?? if it isnt really relelvent will u still get some marks?..like i wrote 3 i n half pages? :/

How irrelevant do you mean? did u adapt your words to suit the question.

3 and half pages is a good amount. how many aspects.. 3 or 4?

thanks strangely in the exam i knew i was wrong but still did it quiet a lot of people fell up on it in our school!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

TMCGY wrote: »
    haha shows how much we pay attention!!

I know yeah in fairness we had maths after though.

My paragraphs were quite short as well. What regional and physical question did you answer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Kelix wrote: »
    The mezzogiorno is in a developed economy right? for the one tertiary activity question? I know it needs some development, but thats in transport and it's already been done...and Italy is a developed economy, the likes of India and Brazil aren't right...so writing about tourism in the mezzogiorno there is fine right?

In the books it's classified as an underdeveloped region.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Mani09 wrote: »
    Did anyone else do the option question on climate change? I was delighted when I seen it. However, the overall paper was horrible . The questions were very specific :-( . Also what would have been a good answer for the question on sedimentary rocks and then something about how they can form metamorphic rocks??? Had my brain twisted :-(
    Is that Q22 by any chance? If so, I did, but wanted to vomit when I saw it. Probably failed the option section.

• Advertisement

Wesc. wrote: »
    In the books it's classified as an underdeveloped region.
    I'm pretty sure the question didn't say region though, it said developed economy, which Italy is...I think it should count

did anyone notice that the exam paper isn't on examinations.ie yet but maths is...thats weird it should be up by now

• Registered Users Posts: 29 stapler10

no depressions no uneven heating of the earth not even a circulatory cell, 16 points down the drain

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

I know yeah in fairness we had maths after though.

My paragraphs were quite short as well. What regional and physical question did you answer?

I didnt have maths! :/ Repeater!! Also i only took up geog this yr :confused:
    haha eh i did Q1 and Q4 wbu?? wasnt sure about part C on Q4 kinda mad ethat up aswel :pac:

How irrelevant do you mean? did u adapt your words to suit the question.

3 and half pages is a good amount. how many aspects.. 3 or 4?

Like it said biomes effect on industrial devepment ..and i talked about carbon cycle...greenhouse gases and other gases been released into the atmosphere??...ya 4 aspects !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Right does anyone wanna help moi by putting my mind to ease about something?

For the regional Q.6 (C) it gave you the list and asked you to choose 2 and discuss how they've helped development of Continental Region? I picked Population Dynamics and Urban Development and basically talked about the 3 main ethnic groups in SW USA and how they've contributed to the economy etc. And how the growth of LA has helped development? Gold rush, oil industries and that?

Also for the Human elective I think it was Q.11, not sure though, about the settlement pattern features? I discussed basically linear/absence of settlement and neucleated settlement and why it developed in the region and features of it? Found at end of small roads branching off large routeways etc. on the map giving a grid reference for each? Is this right?

And for the changing land use patterns I talked about the CBD and Transition Zone in Dublin? Is this right? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Limschoolboy

Aidenryan wrote: »
    Like it said biomes effect on industrial devepment ..and i talked about carbon cycle...greenhouse gases and other gases been released into the atmosphere??...ya 4 aspects !!

did u do the tropical felling too? and intensive ag pract?

did u do the tropical felling too? and intensive ag pract?

did intensive ag and the first one clearing off forests why??

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Please guys tell me if it mattered or not if I numbered my questions??????? Worrying.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Please guys tell me if it mattered or not if I numbered my questions??????? Worrying.....

you'll get 0% ! :O

Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Depends on how mean the examiner is. If their stingy they can say you were trying to avoid numbering them so the answers could appeal to any question...I'm not sure...I think it depends on whether they notice or not, and how grumpy they are

• Advertisement

I didnt have maths! :/ Repeater!! Also i only took up geog this yr :confused:
    haha eh i did Q1 and Q4 wbu?? wasnt sure about part C on Q4 kinda mad ethat up aswel :pac:

I'm repeating myself. I did Q2 and Q6. The questions looked hard , I think I did fairly well though.
    Was geography hard in a year?
    My teacher wasn't the best this year even though I've done the course before lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

Sorry if this has been asked but one for question (it was a part c regional question) it asked how the EU policy affects the development of regions in Ireland (or something similar) I wrote about the CAP scheme, is this ok? I tried to link it in by saying it allowed farmers to stay in their regions even if they have bad soils because of grants etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

No she won't! Fiona I wouldn't worry, they have to mark your script. It'd only take a seconds glance at the paper to work out what question you were doing! Don't let that bother you, won't make a bit of difference! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TMCGY

I'm repeating myself. I did Q2 and Q6. The questions looked hard , I think I did fairly well though.
    Was geography hard in a year?
    My teacher wasn't the best this year even though I've done the course before lol.

Yea my teacher wasnt the best either! i basically thought myself! And learnt essays out of the book!! It is hard but you just have to work at it.. Where did you repeat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Mani09 wrote: »
    Did anyone else do the option question on climate change? I was delighted when I seen it. However, the overall paper was horrible . The questions were very specific :-( . Also what would have been a good answer for the question on sedimentary rocks and then something about how they can form metamorphic rocks??? Had my brain twisted :-(
    Is that Q22 by any chance? If so, I did, but wanted to vomit when I saw it. Probably failed the option section.
    Yep, it cam up in 2006,2008,2010 so it was due up. Did u mention global warming ice ages and el niño?

Yea my teacher wasnt the best either! i basically thought myself! And learnt essays out of the book!! It is hard but you just have to work at it.. Where did you repeat?

Plunkets wbu? I did the whole human course myself basically lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

For the regional Q.6 (C) it gave you the list and asked you to choose 2 and discuss how they've helped development of Continental Region? I picked Population Dynamics and Urban Development and basically talked about the 3 main ethnic groups in SW USA and how they've contributed to the economy etc. And how the growth of LA has helped development? Gold rush, oil industries and that?

Also for the Human elective I think it was Q.11, not sure though, about the settlement pattern features? I discussed basically linear/absence of settlement and neucleated settlement and why it developed in the region and features of it? Found at end of small roads branching off large routeways etc. on the map giving a grid reference for each? Is this right?

And for the changing land use patterns I talked about the CBD and Transition Zone in Dublin? Is this right? :pac:

I did Language and Religion in India for that question and then clustered,linear and dispersed for the following :P

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

No she won't! Fiona I wouldn't worry, they have to mark your script. It'd only take a seconds glance at the paper to work out what question you were doing! Don't let that bother you, won't make a bit of difference! :)

Thank you, you are a living angel!

I did the same for 6 c except with Brazil and about the growth,

The settlement patterns I wrote the same.

For the other I spoke about the Docklands though :S I'm not sure some people said they wrote about the CBD others said they did the Docklands :S.
    Quite a confusing question

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Epsi

leemurta wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked but one for question (it was a part c regional question) it asked how the EU policy affects the development of regions in Ireland (or something similar) I wrote about the CAP scheme, is this ok? I tried to link it in by saying it allowed farmers to stay in their regions even if they have bad soils because of grants etc.

I wrote about the Cap as well. Brought in the Cfp as well.

Advertisement