Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Geography 2012- Before/After

191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fiona1993

Mani09 wrote: »
    Dapics wrote: »
    Fiona1993 wrote: »
    Yep I did. What I did was I wrote out every essay from Sue Honan's 'Exam Skills' and anything that waa missing that was in Plant and People I put it in. Most of my essays accumulated to 3-4 pages but the beach one was the shortest at 2 and a bit. I did it in the mock and including the diagram it cane to 30/30 :-)

Wow.... thats talent.

Fair dues, I wish I had the motivation to learn off 100 essays
    Wait a second.... Did you write 2-3 pages for a 30 mark question??? How did u manage that in 2:50 mins??

Easily with practice! I've done the LC once before though, I learned from silly mistakes from last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kilfeather94

hey guys, for question 12 in patterns and processes in the human environment, on Q.B, the population distribution question, I talked about settlement patterns like nucleated, dispersed and linear...etc.. I'm not sure If I was supposed to write about settlement patterns? Will I get marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

Wow you all did extremely well. I got 3 pages of absolute waffle for my 80 mark question and like 1-1.5m page for each of my 30m questions. In fact for 2 of them I only wrote half a page and one of them I didn't even do.

Ugh, I really am dreading the result of this exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Mani09

Darren.993 wrote: »
    Wow you all did extremely well. I got 3 pages of absolute waffle for my 80 mark question and like 1-1.5m page for each of my 30m questions. In fact for 2 of them I only wrote half a page and one of them I didn't even do.

Ugh, I really am dreading the result of this exam.
    Same... I only did 1-1.5 pages for each question, also I asked a few people out of my year and they did 1 page for lyk each 30 marker. So I presume that's the average. :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Mani09 wrote: »
    Same... I only did 1-1.5 pages for each question, also I asked a few people out of my year and they did 1 page for lyk each 30 marker. So I presume that's the average. :-)

generally 15srps is a page and a half, obviously depends on the size of your writing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Limschoolboy

Yeah it does! Limestone changes to marble because of dynamic metamorphism!

actually regional metamorphism, heat and pressure applied over a large area?? folding where sudduction takes place... 200 degress and 300 megapascals .... dynamic is where slate goes to shist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

actually regional metamorphism, heat and pressure applied over a large area?? folding where sudduction takes place... 200 degress and 300 megapascals .... dynamic is where slate goes to shist

Sue Honan doesn't lie ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I just wrote hydroloysis turns limestone to A metamorphic rock... Seemed to be a way to get around the question without actually knowing the process by which it gets turned into it.

Wesc. wrote: »
    Sue Honan doesn't lie ;)

I picked here take on it considering she's the most widelyspread known geog publisher, however james campbell says limestone is subjected to thermal meta......

so thermal would get marks too..

however dynamic wont - because heat is needed to rid the fossils in marble!!

Dapics wrote: »
    I just wrote hydroloysis turns limestone to A metamorphic rock... Seemed to be a way to get around the question without actually knowing the process by which it gets turned into it.

simple answer could have been "metamorphism"
    like apply junior cert knowledge of how rocks change to metamorphic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I picked here take on it considering she's the most widelyspread known geog publisher, however james campbell says limestone is subjected to thermal meta......

so thermal would get marks too..

however dynamic wont - because heat is needed to rid the fossils in marble!!

Look I'll take your word for it... at the end of the day it doesn't matter :L

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhelicious

I did waterfall for the landform development didnt see the word deposition..

Absolutely gutted, 7 and a half percent down already... soooooo wanted the A

Weeehhh :(((

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭robbiep94

head up, you will get some marks. all is not lost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I did the same. :( I wanted an A too. But it's only 6 % I think, so not too bad, no point thinking about it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Caoimhelicious

robbiep94 wrote: »
    head up, you will get some marks. all is not lost

Whhhaaaaaat will i really get some marks?? :O

came out of the exam thinking to myself "Amnt i brilliant now, i mention all the processes of erosion! hehe ... " next thing my mate asked my what physical i did

I said waterfall

Awky momo she said... There was no waterfall

Bam

Advertisement