Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Geography 2012- Before/After

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Okay lads in all seriousness, how do you actually study for geography? :L done it last year and came out with a C1, somehow.. But I haven't an actual clue how to go about studying it and knowing it well :L

Go outside there pick up a bit of soil for geo ecology, a few rocks for physical, bit of river water and just throw it all on the page. A1 student ;)

Awh sure I'll give it a go :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FunnyUserName

Okay lads in all seriousness, how do you actually study for geography? :L done it last year and came out with a C1, somehow.. But I haven't an actual clue how to go about studying it and knowing it well :L
    Awh sure I'll give it a go :D:D

It's what I'm banking on, god I hate geography.

Anybody else here as stupid as me to do both geography and history? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

I really hope the geography paper goes well. As I have the luck of being someone who wakes up early, I'll be doing my cramming tomorrow :D .

Since geography is one of my strong subjects I'm looking for an A. However, if the paper is tough a good solid B will do just as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

I feel like I still have LOADS of stuff to cover for this, think it might be a long night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Darren.993

I'd love an A, but I'm definitely not banking on it. Anything could come up on that paper tommorrow, so I'm just going to take it as it comes.

I really hope that measurement and effects of earthquakes comes up for Physical. They can literally ask you anything in that section. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Haven't even looked at biomes or economic yet! Ill be up early in the morning lads? Im thinking a 6 o clock start will do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I know the gist of Brown Soil formation and Human Interaction with soil, going to go over Flora/Fauna/Soils in a biome and that'll be it! Heres hoping eh? I got lucky today in English, hope my luck isnt out yet :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭Looking Glass

A C would do me just fine. Have a wee bit on the regional done but sure that's fairly bull****table, how population changes over space and time, karst landscape, along with two biomes. For everything else, let's see...

- Waterfalls
    - Bays and headlands
    - Human impact on rivers, maybe - although I do half know mass movement
    - A rock
    - Plate tectonics/an earthquake

Might go to sleep until twelve, then do sixish hours of this bloody subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Sorry for polluting numerous threads with my questions but anyway:

Lads does anyone have any tips for what to study for Global Interdependence, it was barely covered in my class so I'm fairly worried.

Would I get away with just knowing; Development and The Interdependent Global Economy... any advice would be much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Worried101

what are people studying for regional????!?!? HELP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Dear Elective,

We loathe you.

Yours Sincerely,

Every God-damn Leaving Cert.

Why oh, why must there be so many essays?! >=(

Unfortunately yes there are, although I love history doing both is just information overkill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Nic Neptune

Me too. Though I'm hoping to do History in Uni anyway so I actually love it. :cool: Did business, biology and music too. Too much theory... :( ...it's going to be a long two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Which one to learn:

Burgess-which Ive done before

Or

Central Place theory. Never done before

Would you have to draw the diagram for these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭CaoimheCweeva

Quick question in relation to the P&P in Human Environment:

I know there's a cause of overpopulation on the Aral Sea, but is there an effect? I was just going over my mock paper, and it only said "an example", so it only wanted one example in the answer? PLEASE HELP!:eek: I know basically nothing in geography, I've the worst teacher in existance :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Ive gone over the elective and regional just now.
    Gonna do rocks and rivers and essays next and the rest tomorrow morning. Wrecked after today!!

Me too. Though I'm hoping to do History in Uni anyway so I actually love it. :cool: Did business, biology and music too. Too much theory... :( ...it's going to be a long two weeks.

Really where abouts? I might see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭annettesayz

FinnD wrote: »
    Haven't even looked at biomes or economic yet! Ill be up early in the morning lads? Im thinking a 6 o clock start will do the job

I'm thinking of going to bed now and getting up at 6 to study.. haha.
    Ive nothing revised for maths but geography terrifies me..
    So unpredictable.. today scared me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 FunnyUserName

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Unfortunately yes there are, although I love history doing both is just information overkill

I agree. I just don't have enough time for it all! The real pity is that in both of those subjects there's loads of essays, and they're the two subjects that I got failures of teachers who never came in. A raging alcoholic and a pregnant mess. FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Anyone else using the Eoin Jackson youtube video as a guide?

• Advertisement

Worried101 wrote: »
    what are people studying for regional????!?!? HELP

Ive done primary, secondary and teritary in all 5, culture in 3.
    Leaving out physical landscape, quick read tomorrow maybe.

Anyone else using the Eoin Jackson youtube video as a guide?

Link or GTFO:D:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

depends...how was he for english? :p

AnnaKin wrote: »
    depends...how was he for english? :p

Wrong!

It's weird, the subjects I need A's in (this and Home Ec) I am/was less nervous for cos' I somehow managed an A in the mocks with very little study. I just hope they go easy again cos' I really have no motivation to do anything more ..

Lads LA or culture WILL appear in regional tomorrow! Im just learning both of them and accepting the fact that 30 marks is automatically gone in regional, better than studying half a dozen regional essays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

Lads LA or culture WILL appear in regional tomorrow! Im just learning both of them and accepting the fact that 30 marks is automatically gone in regional, better than studying half a dozen regional essays

What do you mean by LA? Do you just mean primary, tertiary and secondary in LA?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Folester27

LA? sorry, im quite thick :S.. LA is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Here's the link both OL and HL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH_TzRjYGxY&feature=channel&list=UL

I think the whole country got Heaney wrong haha he did get the one women will always come up though although everyone knows that.

• Advertisement

LA as in the growth of an urban area in a sub continental region! Either that our culture HAS to appear, at least one of them, I'll do that along with the 20 marker and be on my way!

Advertisement