Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Geography 2012- Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

Sat down at 6pm to study Geography for the night, fell asleep on the book, just woke up now. Feck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

FinnD wrote: »
    LA as in the growth of an urban area in a sub continental region! Either that our culture HAS to appear, at least one of them, I'll do that along with the 20 marker and be on my way!

Hope to fûck you're right! Regional is a cûnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Folester27

LA as in the growth of an urban area in a sub continental region! Either that our culture HAS to appear, at least one of them, I'll do that along with the 20 marker and be on my way!

Would i be right in saying i could do that for Sao Paulo so? we never did LA lik, Sao Paulo aaaite :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Folester27 wrote: »

Would i be right in saying i could do that for Sao Paulo so? we never did LA lik, Sao Paulo aaaite :D

Ye but don't take my word for it, we all seen what happened today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Anyone else worried about the timing tomorrow, I'm not looking foward to it, gonna be wrecked for maths.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Anyone else worried about the timing tomorrow, I'm not looking foward to it, gonna be wrecked for maths.

I'm really worried about timing! That and forgetting SRPs are such a big worry for me. Or being forced into a q where I have to draw a map. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

I'm really worried about timing! That and forgetting SRPs are such a big worry for me. Or being forced into a q where I have to draw a map. :(

Drawing the maps is easy marks :o economic is gunna screw me over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

I'm kind of worried I gotta admit. Usually I've poor time management when it comes to Geography essays. :( The information is easy enough I think but the whole SRP thing bugs the hell out of me. Often it can be difficult to know what certain points are relevant and which aren't,

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭SJPK

what the hell is a biome????

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

Can anyone explain to me how to recognise a waterfall on an Ordnance Survey map?

I wrote a class answer on the formation of a waterfall in my mocks but got 0 marks 'cause I gave the wrong grid reference for it on the map :( Don't want that to happen again if the question comes up

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

Guys I don't want you to risk but Im 90% sure that on Geoecology question there will be one of these Human Influence on Biomes, Human Influence on soils or The tropical rainforest Biome... !!! Good Luck to everyone tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

SJPK wrote: »
    what the hell is a biome????

it's part of the geoecology option question so you probably don't do that option if you've never heard of it

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

So glad I've all geo studied (bar so geo-ecology essays!) such a weight off my shoulders, past few weeks HAVE paid off :D weeeew
    may go over all my flashcards tonight tho! all ill be up at 5am to finish off one or two essays... need this A1 in geo :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭n0ak

Can anyone explain to me how to recognise a waterfall on an Ordnance Survey map?

I wrote a class answer on the formation of a waterfall in my mocks but got 0 marks 'cause I gave the wrong grid reference for it on the map :( Don't want that to happen again if the question comes up

this might help you look on mountainious area you should see- http://images.summitpost.org/medium/382842.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Gallad123

For regional do you have to know GDA,BMW,Paris Basin,Mezzigiorno and on continent? Or just say BMW Mezzigiorno and continent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Gallad123 wrote: »
    For regional do you have to know GDA,BMW,Paris Basin,Mezzigiorno and on continent? Or just say BMW Mezzigiorno and continent?

You could get away with learning just BMW, Mezzogiorno and continent.. But sometimes they do ask to contrast two regions, get me? Like agriculture in GDA and BMW... Its possible to do just them though, pretty much what I'm doing (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Gallad123 wrote: »

I'd look over them all, simply for insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Champion Gold

im only learning mezzo, not paris. im feeling pretty confident about my sketchmaps.

fairtrade and aid better come up :P

The only thing I'm certain is that I'll be pulling an all night geography cramming session :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I actually dont know what BMW is. No clue. How come I haven't come across it?

In other news done rocks, rivers, all regional and 4 essays this evening and feeling confidant.
    Early start to go over a few short questions and maps and be grand. :)

• Advertisement

biohaiid wrote: »
    I actually dont know what BMW is. No clue. How come I haven't come across it?

In other news done rocks, rivers, all regional and 4 essays this evening and feeling confidant.
    Early start to go over a few short questions and maps and be grand. :)

Border, midlands and West (: basically west of Ireland (:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

I can't draw maps. :pac:

I can see them perfectly in my head but when I try to draw them they come out as blobs that look nothing like the countries. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

Border, midlands and West (: basically west of Ireland (:

Ohhh okay .. makes sense now. :L
    Bit late finding it out but thanks anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Drawing the maps is easy marks :o economic is gunna screw me over

And economic will probably bump up my grade. :P drawing maps though, just can't do it for the life of me. Once my teacher actually held up my map of Ireland as an example of how to not draw a map. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

okay could someone explain to me the map grid references. E before N, but which ones are the up lines and which ones are the down lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭deathbythelc

okay could someone explain to me the map grid references. E before N, but which ones are the up lines and which ones are the down lines?

E goes across - Eastings, meaning east to west
    N goes down - Northings, north to south.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My ireland maps were so good in 5th year they gradually got worse now the maps I draw look awful.
    You know that eu question on regional I didn't study that would I be safe leaving that out?

I think I'm genuinely going to fail geography :/ which is weird since I did okay first time.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I just want to clarify, is it ok to write in bullet points for all sections of the paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

If a question states to explain formation of any landform in karst region, can I pick underground? Like a pillar? Or must it be surface, if it doesn't state?

Advertisement